Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. How much do you eat?

I am 4 1/2 months out from my surgery and I wonder if I am eating too much. I eat 3 meals and a snack each day and I usually go 4 - 5 hours between meals. I am focusing on protein and am on regular foods and drink 84 oz of water per day but I seem to be able to eat several ounces before I feel the restriction. I have been on a plateau for some time and can't seem to budge the scale. I am also going to the gym 5 days a week (Zumba Gold 3 days and machines 2 days).
  2. I'm stuck!

I just can't seem to get the scale to move no matter what I try! I am getting in my water (84 oz per day), protein, exercising 5 days per week at the gym. I'm not gaining but I'm not losing either. I'm starting to wonder if I have lost all that I am going to lose. I am eating 4-5 oz for a meal, (3 meals & 1 snack per day according to my surgeon's instructions). I've tried adding a protein shake or a protein bar just to make sure I am getting enough protein. Getting very frustrated! On ...
  3. Pizza

I tried a "recipe" that someone mentioned on one of their posts and it actually worked! I have to admit I was skeptical! You line a pie plate or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pile fat-free mozzarella cheese on it, top with turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage, and pizza sauce (there is one that I like called Pizza Squeeze and it is in a bottle like catsup). Top with more mozzarella cheese and bake at 375 for about 20 minutes till sauce is bubbly and cheese is brown. The bottom cheese ...
  4. Sore Side

I am 8 weeks out and for a while I have been having some tenderness on my left side about 1/2 way up. My drain was on that side so I am thinking that must be the side they did a lot of work on. Has anyone else had this? I also started doing a walking tape and am wondering if the exercise could be doing it? Is it possible to hurt my "insides" this far out if I am only doing a 1 mile walking tape?
  5. The Gym

Today is my first appointment with my trainer at the dreaded gym. I have been stalled for a while now so am hoping the added exercise will help but I have never exercised, even when I was younger. Now, I am 64 and scared to death of going to the gym; afraid I won't be able to do what they ask me to do. I definitely need something to jolt me out of this stall, though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast