Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Maia0628

1. Clown no more!

Its amazing how life changes post sleeve. Prior to the sleeve and the 30 pounds I have lost so far getting dressed and ready to leave was always such a chore. I had to have the perfect out fit with matching jewelry and my make up oh my goodness could make a girl late for everything. I had to be perfect to hide my puffy bloated double chin face. I foolishly thought if I made myself fancy no one would notice how large or miserable I was. Well I am sitting in a local pub waiting for my also sleeved ...
  2. Countdown 10

Wow its official I am in the final 10 days before crossing over I am so peaceful about the end of the waiting period and the beginning of my health! Soooo I have decided every day of my countdown I would share my top things I have learned on this forum

10.) I have learned that we all have a different idea of what our goal weights are and I LOVE that. I think this is much more realistic than letting what we see on TV be our guide. Not everyone was meant to be a size 0. So if ...
  3. Good News! ;):p

Patience has never been a gift of mine-so exactly 2 weeks ago today I had my final 6th month visit and I just needed to wait for my insurance approval-so like a maniac everytime my phone rings I have been breaking my neck to make sure I wasn't missing my surgeons office call. Well last night I thought what the hell, it can't hurt to call my insurance company myself and ask for a status. (insert drumroll here) my insurance carrier said I had been APPROVED!!! She said many things after that like you ...
  4. The monsters under my bed turned into cookies……

We all have a story of what got us to where we are. My story is simply a poor relationship with food my whole life never understanding how to use it for the right purpose. So as life went on the monsters that frighten little ones that hide under the bed and makes them unable to sleep literally turned into cookies under my bed that made me unable to sleep. I couldn’t go to sleep because I had to stay up and wait for my husband to go to sleep so I could get my fix.

I wouldn’t eat this ...
  5. So this is how they see us.

The other day I was in my local grocery store with my 19 year old son and my always slim best friend. I saw a cashier who just broke my heart that I could immediately empathize with. She was a very large woman so large in fact her stomach rested on the counter she was standing at to ring in groceries. I said aloud poor baby--my young naturally thin no matter what he eats son said; "Mom why feel bad for her, its her own fault!" I realized he couldnt relate but didnt want him to have this ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast