Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

mangomaid

1. Life after extreme weightloss - excellent article.

Do read this unusually sensitive article about the photographer, Julia Kozerski, who lost half her body weight in a year (without a sleeve). She has produced some "grotesquely beautiful" images documenting coming to terms with her new body.

Her pictures are far from the normal before and after narrative. I could really understand her ambivalence about the process, the shame, and the difficulty in finding her new identity.

Life after extreme weight loss | Life and style | The Guardian ...
  2. 50 days, 30lbs, and still impatient!

It's just over 2 months since I started the pre-op diet, 50 days since the op, I'm 30lbs down - and should be celebrating. Somehow my mind is as stuck as my scales. I need to get a better perspective. Shedding those 30 pounds, which I will never see again, is of course brilliant. BUT..... it feels like I am on a constant stall. Every pound lost seems to take forever. For heaven's sake, it still works out as a pound every two days.

Thank goodness for all the posts and reassurance ...
  3. Confessions from my first month with a sleeve

Time for some confessions, one month out:

The tyranny of the scales…
    I can’t help it – I have an unchecked urge to weigh myself every day. So far I’m 26 pounds down (in 6 weeks) which is nearly two stone. This includes a ten day stall. Some days I lose half a pound or a pound, some days nothing. However having invested in fancy digital scales which include a body fat monitor, I can see the body fat % melting downwards fast during the stall. In the last 3 weeks my body ...
  4. Dining out after surgery

I got sleeved 10 days ago and today we took a friend out for lunch in our local village gastro-pub.

It was great to get out and I learnt some useful lessons in the process.

First - I called them yesterday and asked what soups they had on the menu. Sweetcorn and chorizo? a definite no-no on many fronts, even if liquidised.
    So I explained that I had just had some abdominal surgery and could only eat light liquidised soup. They went off to consult the chef, ...