Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

oompaloompa

1. from a fellow Montanan

Tootsiebell,

Things will work out as they should. The next time you come down to California (Mexico) for the surgery (and I hope you will), please send me a message. You can stay with us for a night and cut costs. I'll go down with you (I speak Spanish) and help.

Do you live near Great Falls? I have a very good friend who is a nurse and works post-op with bariatric patients at Benefis. I bet she can help. She has a great relationship with the doc that does the ...
  2. Worried!!! Do I need to see a doctor?

I need advice/help!

I am 75 days post-op and am experiencing some very strange symptoms. I have lost 40 pounds so far, and still struggle with some things. Should I see a doctor? Here they are:

1. I was folding clothes this morning and got suddenly really nauseous. The thing is I hadn't eaten or really had anything to drink for over an hour. I dry heaved for a few minutes before finally puking up what I think was a little bit of bright red blood. Is this normal? ...
  3. HELP! Acid Reflux is killing me!

Hello fellow sleevers!

I'm four weeks two days post op and have begun to have horrible acid reflux (that BURN in my throat...reflux, right?). I'm taking two tsp of Gaviscon Extra every 2-3 hours and have gone back to a liquid diet, cut out citrus and any acidic food. I seem to get it when I drink water. Any advice? Help! I'm dying!
  4. sick and tired

Okay...I'm sixteen days out and have lost 19 pounds, but I am so tired and physically sick I can't get up. I get the dry heaves after consuming almost anything and could sleep 20 hours a day.

I will have these little bursts of energy...but they last for only a short time...and I sweat if I do anything.

Is this normal?
  5. Surgery in Mexico with Melymel!

HI! I was Mellymel's sleeve buddy and the most important support I had was a fellow patient experiencing more or less what I was going through. It gave me the opportunity to compare notes, and allow us to normalize a pretty incredible experience. Don't take a private room unless you bring a companion to help. The company will be good to have.

I'll reiterate some of the things she's said:
    Keep this in mind: This is assembly-line surgery. You get what you pay for....fair ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast