Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MrsBushford

1. Post surgery funk; not the good kind

Joined the ranks of the sleeved on the 4th, woo hoo! I then proceeded to have the perfect storm of unpleasantness! Not so woo hoo!
    Had a difficult time with the liquid pain meds, which threw me off for a few days, I could only focus on staying hydrated. Then had some of that fabulous dumping syndrome thanks to the sugar in Children's Tylenol. Omg, I never want that again. Never ever.
    Everything directly related to surgery has been improving daily. BUT. I ended up with holy-crap-excrutiating ...
  2. 38 days!!

Today I made my appointment for the required nutrition class, and everything else seems to be in place. I am SO ready!! As always, I appreciate all the info everyone so generously shares. I am unable to attend the support group at the hospital because I live an hour away and my work schedule doesn't fit, so this is my support group (even though I do more lurking than sharing, lol).
  3. Sleep study redux

Lucky me, I get to go back to the sleep lab for a cpap machine! I know, I know, I'll feel better, and I'm glad of that, despite my whining. I meet with the surgeon and the nutritionist again in a few weeks, and if all goes well scheduling and insurance approval is next. I am SO looking forward to becoming the incredible shrinking woman,lol!
  4. A few more steps down the path

EKG, upper GI, chest X-ray, and stress test, check x's 4. So far so good! Sleep study Friday, then the rest next week. Really hoping things move fast.
  5. next steps

I am scheduled to meet with the nutritionist and the psychologist at the beginning of October, and hoping to have much of the rest of my testing scheduled for the same day, since I live an hour away from the dr. office/hospital.

I've already started drinking protein shakes for breakfast. Might as well get used to them now! I've lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks, well on my way to my required 5%.

I've been sharing my decision with more people...which I knew would be challenging ...