Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

It's About Time

The Pre-Op Blues

Rate this Entry
Day five of my pre-op diet and I'm doing...okay. A little crabby, a couple headaches, really tired. I haven't cheated per se, but I have put a little sauce/dressing on my chicken with my meal once or twice. I'm still weaning off coffee - just had one cup of decaf today and did fine, but I did take tylenol before I left this morning because of ankle pain so that might have counteracted any headaches. I'd like to be completely off coffee by Monday or Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Today was only a half day at work so I took one protein shake and one bar for my mid-morning snack. We ran late getting out of the office and by the time I got home I was STARVING. I just had my second shake so hopefully that will take care of some of the hunger. Looking forward to some fish and veggies tonight.

I did really well over the weekend - I even went to the movies and was fine surrounded by the popcorn and soda! I did get bitchy with my mother on Sunday, though. Whoops, haha.

Sometimes I think I don't know how I'm going to do this until the tenth, but then I realize that I've only got ten days to go and I can do anything for ten days so I SUCK IT UP.

Looking forward to 2014! Happy New Year!!

Submit "The Pre-Op Blues" to Digg Submit "The Pre-Op Blues" to del.icio.us Submit "The Pre-Op Blues" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Pre-Op Blues" to Google

Comments

You can do it! I'm on day six. I'm only allowed liquids and what's helping me is chicken and beef bouillon. I need that salty taste. Delicious! I haven't had any solid food though I may splurge on wonton soup tonight or new years eve.
    its well worth it>>> u can do it. even if u make a bad choice, start over . any changes , even if they are small will help u with the whole process. I had to wean off coffee/caffiene too.(yes its misrable) just tried to do it slowly good luck