Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

meganc707

thoughts on pregnancy and the fear weight gain

Rate this Entry
So pregnancy has been on my mind so much lately!! I have no kids but i'm very happy with my relationship, i'm 27 years old, and i am financially ready to start a family. I am a year and 6 months post op.The only thing that is scaring me is the thought of gaining weight!! I keep putting this goal of reaching 140lbs in my head before even thinking about kids.... Can anyone give me some positive feed back. My supporters say i look great and that i dont need to loose anymore weight. I think ive become obsessed with loosing more weight before having a child.. 174lbs is just too close to 200lbs in my mind... especially since i've been a bigger girl my whole life..Help

Submit "thoughts on pregnancy and the fear weight gain" to Digg Submit "thoughts on pregnancy and the fear weight gain" to del.icio.us Submit "thoughts on pregnancy and the fear weight gain" to StumbleUpon Submit "thoughts on pregnancy and the fear weight gain" to Google

Comments

I would consult with a nutritionist if you do decide to get pregnant. I was diabetic with both of my children, saw a nutritionist who gave me a guideline with how to eat healthy but provide enough for the baby. I ended up weighing much less after both pregnancies, however I just went back to my horrible habits, which is why I ended up getting the sleeve. If your concerned about weight gain just monitor your diet carefully. I would think any child you would gain out of a pregnancy would be worth all the hassle for sure. Trust me...just relay your concerns to a pro and you will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakingUp4Good
    I would consult with a nutritionist if you do decide to get pregnant. I was diabetic with both of my children, saw a nutritionist who gave me a guideline with how to eat healthy but provide enough for the baby. I ended up weighing much less after both pregnancies, however I just went back to my horrible habits, which is why I ended up getting the sleeve. If your concerned about weight gain just monitor your diet carefully. I would think any child you would gain out of a pregnancy would be worth all the hassle for sure. Trust me...just relay your concerns to a pro and you will be fine.
    Thanks alot! I will definately contact the bariactric department nutritionist to set guidelines for me. It must feel good to weigh less after pregnancy! I dont mind gaining baby weight but i dont want to get any bigger than baby weight. Thanks so much for the positive feed back