Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MeganES

1. Brain playing catch up with the body (also some progress pics)

When I was pre-op, I would read about people whose brains hadn't caught up to their new looks, for lack of a better explanation. They didn't see the mirror reflecting the changes that were happening. This was one thing that honestly confused the hell out of me. When I was a senior in high school, about 3 years ago now, I lost some weight just through diet and exericse. I looked pretty damn good and I knew it. I didn't understand how my fellow sleevers could be losing all this weight and not realize ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1911849_10151914880906332_196785181_n.jpg 
Views:	588 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	17481  
  2. Emotional eating...and overcoming it...

I don't usually get into my personal life on this site but I needed to get some thoughts out there today...I'm sorry in advance if it's all over the place.

I'm grateful for the surgery mostly because I've been forced to deal with the emotions of life head on instead of burying them in food. I never realized how much control eating had over me, but looking back it all makes sense. Any time there's been some kind of tragedy in my life, I gained at least 40 lbs. The last straw was when ...
  3. 3 weeks out today...progress pics!

Hi friends! Today (well...yesterday EST! 1/24) I am officially 3 weeks out from surgery.

I FINALLY broke a 14 day stall. I'm 20 lbs down from day of surgery, 30 lbs overall. I am exactly the weight that I was 3 years ago, my senior year of high school, when I decided to lose weight (the "old fashion" way). That time, I lost about 25 lbs before I injured my back and fell off the wagon. I felt absolutely incredible then, so I'm really looking forward to the next 20 or so lbs ...
  4. So I guess my sleeve isn't broken!

LOL. I don't know if I thought Dr. Sadek forgot to actually, you know, remove the stomach or what but I've felt pretty sure that I've been able to fit "too much" in at a time. WELL. I got a little cocky tonight, ate a little something I shouldn't have eaten and ate it way too fast. I felt the clearest signal of my tummy saying "Okay no more" and then I ate another bite anyway!! I certainly will not be making that choice again!!

I have never felt a sensation like ...
  5. So paranoid about a leak

let me start by saying I'm a hypochondriac by nature. and not in the joke-y kind of way, in the way that I'm always pretty convinced something is seriously wrong with me. So you can imagine that the few weeks post-op are a little nerve wracking as far as the whole leak situation goes Lol.

And then I read the symptoms of a leak. And now suddenly every ache or slight pressure I feel has me convinced that I'm on the verge of death. God this is ridiculous. I am a mess Lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast