Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

shelbyw

dogs are loving my new diet change

Rate this Entry
So to add different choices to my menu, I started loading up on soups. I stopped looking for soups that had no noodles in them. Very little choices out there that add flavor. What I have been looking at is protein, sodium, sugar, and fat levels. When I get home I put my little strainer over my blender and dump the soup in. Then pick the noodles out before dumping the rest in and blending. Noodles go straight to the dogs and they are loving it. Spoiled much?
Note this method does not really do well with rice.

Submit "dogs are loving my new diet change" to Digg Submit "dogs are loving my new diet change" to del.icio.us Submit "dogs are loving my new diet change" to StumbleUpon Submit "dogs are loving my new diet change" to Google

Tags: food, pet Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great tip - I love soups and that's an excellent way to remove unwanted calories!!
    Best if you toss the noodles or your dogs may need a tummy tuck.
    How about making your own soups?

I got tired of the canned soups and straining out the good stuff. I made myself a pureed gazpacho soup with fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumbers and jalapenos and spices and other homemade pureed soups.
    My dog got so used to eating my leftovers that now he expects it every time I eat. He was very sick last summer & lost over 10lbs but now he's gained it all back plus some. Good luck to you!
    I doubt noodles would hurt your dog, but my experience of pancreatitis with our youngest dog taught me not to feed her any people food. She's a schnoodle mix, whereas my mixed lab dog Sweet Pea is a rescue from the streets and can eat anything without problem. She gets the leftover steak and sometimes pizza crust. But not often.
    My dogs are reaping the benefits as well! lol

My vet is all for giving them roasted and grilled meats and veggies and since I can never finish my plate (I measure out 3 ounces that I should eat and get through about half of it), the dogs get a little treat!

Just check your diet foods - protein bars and such - and make sure they don't have xylotal in it because that sugar alcohol can kill dogs. It's in sugar-free gum and some sugar-free vitamin/supplements.
    I found that my puppies love eating my vegs and fruit and any other meats or fish that I don't eat. They are loving my diet and just sit there waiting for the extras.