Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Surgery date

I will be receiving my surgery date next Thursday! I am excited and nervous. I just cant wait to start this journey. I'm thankful the surgery will be soon because this weight has been torture on my bones. My knees are sore, my back is sore, well I pretty much hurt from my head to the bottom of my feet every day. I'm hoping with the weight loss I will have much pain relief. I will say after losing 40 plus pounds I already feel better than I did before.
  2. Confession Time: Why I weigh myslef every day

I weigh myself every day. Actually every morning and every night. If I go in the bathroom then I will weigh myself. I like to see exactly what my body is doing. I feel it definitely keeps me on track. I know it is also going to be beneficial down the road when I am in the maintenance phase. Because as soon as I see myself regaining I will be able to put a stop to it before it gets out of control.
    I have seen so many sleevers come back desperate for help when they have gained 30+ pounds. ...
  3. Finally, Onederland

I gained and lost 5 pounds over the Christmas holidays. When I weighed in in February and March I hadn't moved on the scale, nor had I lost inches. I got on the scale today and I weighed 199.6. Yeah me, stall oveR! . (Knock on wood.)
  4. Looking forward to traveling for the first time

Next week, I will be hopping on an airplane for the first time since surgery. I'm very excited to see how much less room I take in my seat. What I'm most excited about is the fact that I WILL NOT have to ask for a seat belt extension. Sometimes it's the little things.

I had to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe since the shorts and t-shirts I wore last summer were a size 20/22 and shirts were a 3X and I am now in a size 14 shorts and Large shirt.

I am also looking ...
  5. Eating Discomfort

Good Morning! I'm just about 7 weeks post op as I had the gastric sleeve surgery on February 1, 2017. The first few weeks were rough for me, but as do many of you advised, it definitely got better! I'm down 40 pounds post op which I'm quite happy with. My dilemma currently is that the soft food stage I'm on (with adding a solid good daily) leaves my stomach upset and running to the bathroom often. I've always had digestive issues due to having colitis and Crohn's disease. I'm having trouble distinguishing ...