Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. New before and after photos 7 months post surgery!

I posted some before and after photos under My Profile section. My surgery was 7 months ago and I've lost 64 pounds! I have recently started C25K and I'm on Week 4. I never would have guessed in a million years that I could jog for 16 minutes in a 30 minute period! I'm still in shock! I'd still like to lose 20-30 more pounds. I hope to reach my goal by my one year anniversary. This is the best decision I ever made! If you are undecided or nervous about having this surgery, don't put it off! You ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	343.5 KB 
ID:	24904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	24905  
  2. Victory!!!

I was very scared to have the sleeve done, but one of the deciding factors was the day that my doctor wrote me a prescription for blood pressure meds. I weighed 205 pounds and my body was starting to feel it. I scheduled the surgery and threw the script away and got sleeved Feb of this year. Today, I went in for a check up. Not only am I in a normal BMI range, I AM NOW IN A NORMAL BLOOD PRESSURE RANGE!!!!!!
    My whole family struggles with this, so I am overjoyed!
    I am no longer medically ...
  3. one week out...14 pounds down, starting to feel HUNGRY!

I've lost 14 pound, I can't remember ever having such delicate feet and slender fingers. After a couple days of bad naseau.l, I finally started to feel somewhat better
    Lots of water, protein shakes, broth I'm suppose to do this for another week.....but I'm hungry.hungry. hungry.
  4. One year Sleeve Anniversary

One year ago today at this time, I was in the recovery room with some complications. The first 24 hours after surgery was a little rough due to some bleeding (Not from the surgery but from the tube, My throat is damaged due to EOE) Once they got the bleeding under control then the road to recovery was easy.

As I look at the past year I am in amazement. The changes my body and health has gone thru is nothing short of AMAZING!

My health has improved, the surgery ...
  5. No liquid diet for pre-surgery

I am just curious here. Is my doctor the only doctor who does not require a liquid diet prior to surgery? I have one more month to go before insurance is sent my information for approval. I asked about the liquid diet and was told the doctor doesnt put anyone on it. I am reading blogs, forums, etc on here and I seem to see everyone going thru that.