Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. New Way of Living (6)

Written March 4th, 2011

Home... it does a body good! *lol* It was wonderful to be home, to be finished with my surgery - now I could focus on mending my wounds and getting my body reformatted to the new diet, or way of living. Walking into the house, knowing the kids were waiting on me - nearly brought me to tears. Tho I was only gone for a few days... it seemed like weeks! I was alittle sore/stiff after the 2 and half hour drive home and just wanted to get comfortable.
  2. Homeward Bound (5)

Written February 15th, 2011

I awoke a few hours later to a sleepy hospital... it was about 1 a.m. The nights seem forever long when you really need the most rest. I checked out my surgery wounds, most were tiny, as they were able to do the surgery laparoscopically - there were 5 incisions in total. Two of them only had 3 staples to close them, another had 4 staples, the other 5 staples - the largest wound, found under my left breast had about 11 staples. That was the site with the ...
  3. ♥ღSurgery Day (4)

Written February 11th, 2011

After my heart cath results came back good, things moved quickly. All tests had been completed and now I just awaited my surgery date. They wanted me to wait a few weeks to fully heal from the heart cath procedure and they also awaited for all the results to be typed up and submitted to my doctor. Finally, on Jan 11th about two in the afternoon, after nearly a year of appointments and procedures ~ I received the call I so longed for.

The ...
  4. Patience (3)

Most that know me, know I'm not a very patient person. But going thru the steps of bariatric surgery I had to learn patience. I was blessed that I was going to a weight loss center that truly did its background work, they wanted a great outcome for each and every patient. They were careful, they left no stone unturned. After my Education Day in late August of 2010, I had appointments set up to meet with a dietician - 4 to be exact. These individual sessions provided me with information about ...
  5. Moving Forward (2)

February 8th, 2011

After years of trying weight loss on my own, I realized I needed help. Now bariatric surgery is not an "easy fix" - it takes lots of work, dedication, and lifestyle change. I had done the research, I talked with friends who had the surgery - I knew it was now or never. I made an appointment with my primary care physician in March of 2010 - I needed him to recommend me for the surgery to the Marquette Weight Loss Center. Tho I was only in his office for ...