Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

phddivanina

Update on progress

Rate this Entry
I was realeased from the hospita after 2 nights. My second day was the absolute worst! I couldn't eat, drink ir walk due to all the nausea! I was given everything for nausea!! The 3rd day I was well enough and drinking enough fluids to be released. I am still struggling to drink enough and get a substantial amount of food dowm...however, oatmeal and grits have become my best friends! My incision area is sore and I can not wait to get my staples removed. I think the absolute worst thing in the hospital was having my drain removed! It wasn't awful but it was weird and uncomfortable! Please share what you all are eating drinking at this phase. My daily staples are usually yogurt, cream soups, oatmeal and grits. As far as drinks go, I love mInute Maid light raspberry lemonade and crystal light. I try to choke down the protein shakes, but I just can't!!!
I went to mvies today with my husband and resisted my first bag of movie theater popcorn! It smelled so god...but it was easier than i thought to just say NO! It also helps to eat before going "tempting" places because once I'm full, nothing else is getting down!

Also, are any of you feeling sharp pains as food enters your belly? I can feel the moment that food has enteed into my stomach. The pain is getting better but I still feel that sensation. I also cannot tolerate cold liquids very well.

Submit "Update on progress" to Digg Submit "Update on progress" to del.icio.us Submit "Update on progress" to StumbleUpon Submit "Update on progress" to Google

Tags: post surgery Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck to you. I am a bit confused, if you just had a sleeve done should you not be on fluids with no whole food? Maybe I missed something. Of course Dr. have different ideas. Love to know.
    Sorry for all the typos...for some reason my Ipad like sto fix my "correct" way of spelling! I am on full liquids. My nutrionist and Dr said that grits, yogurt and thinned oatmeal can be eaten during my next 2 week phase.
    Congrats on your steps to further your NEW YOU! Proud to see someone else had popcorn issues...5 1/2 wks out I tired a couple bites & ok then popped my own bag needless to say it was in the trash faster than it popped LOL ... I too am shocked you can do oatmeal but for me it comes & goes..keep up your protein drinks..if the ones you make are hard try the RTD (ready to drink) ones,,... I live by teh Ensure High Protein drinks right now actually bought 5 4pks yesterday to get me thru the return to work week...again Congrats & stay Blessed..have a wonderful weekend
    Hey Girl...sorry you had so much nausea, mine wasn't too bad. I'm not allowed to have grits or oatmeal yet. It's amazing all the different opinions from the different surgeons on here. Tonight I'm trying creamed soups for the first time, hoping for no issues! I do experience a pain in the upper abdomen sometimes after eating but I'm thinking it might be gas at that point. Make sure you are not maybe eating too much at one time that can cause pain. Popcorn resisting will be my downfall...that is my fav snack, not a chip girl or sweets but love my popcorn! Good for you for saying no! You were brave just for going to the movies this soon! LOL

I hear ya on the protein shakes I nearly gag trying to get them down, I need some good recipes because I know we def need them for healing and such but ughhhhh! Hope it gets better for you quick and congrats for being on the other side now...we are on this journey together!!!
    Yea that is quite interesting that different docs aprove different foods at this phase. My nutrionist gave us daily menu plans for the first 2 weeks post surgey. It tells you what to eat/drink and what times. It also gives a list of substitutions you may make in case you get bored of the same things each day.I'm not a huge yogurt fan but I do like the diet lemon creme pie by Yoplait. I also picked up a few key lime greek yogurts after hearing they were high in protein. I'm going to try to pick up some of the ready made shakes suggested by msjazzy above. My hospital sent me home with a few to start...but they are all caramel flavored and I just can't see mysef drinking those! I am THROUGH with the "milky" variety protein shakes!!!!
    It is amazing the different diets from different surgeons! I couldn't have grits oatmeal during the full liquid phase at all. I'm on soft/pureed now, and can have some, only small bites. The feeling the food go down gets better, I had that too in the beginning, It will be amazing how much your taste buds do change. I can't do the whey and soy protein, and milk products, have been using veggie proteins. Tastes like grass, but I am working with it! Cottage cheese is good, and protein rich, I can tolerate that better than yogurt, which I could always have before, lol! Greek yogurt is the best! Good luck, and each day gets better!!!! I also have the Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies, some good things in there. And remember, sip, sip, sip...you won't get in all the liquids, (I'm sure not, but I try to keep sipping water, or Crystal lite) Congrats on your surgery!
    Great website with great protein shakes and food recipes as well.
    theworldaccordingtoeggface

Maybe that will help those having protein shake issues.
    Hey ladies just a quick question...I've got a little over a month before my sleeve and was just wondering if anyone asked any of their doctors about the "Eat to Live" shakes? Being the queen of diets, Dr. Furhman's Eat To Live shakes (although way too much in qty) might be a good high protein all natural shake.