View RSS Feed

girliegirl777

1. 7 Month update with pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	819 
Size:	263.5 KB 
ID:	18531

This week I celebrated my 7 month surgery anniversary by running in my first 10k. I mostly walked. ! It felt great and I'm so happy to be turning into the athlete that I always wanted to be.

I also had an appointment with my surgeon on Thursday for my six month follow up. The blood work was all great and the nurse told me my BMI is now in the overweight range, "like the rest of us". It made me laugh, but I'm also really happy ...
  2. Six Month Update

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1969390_10152301859397937_760981801_n.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	18076

Last week, I celebrated my six month sleeve surgery anniversary and wanted to share my progress and lessons learned. Having this surgery was the best decision I have made in my life and it is easy to forget where I was a few short months ago.

For some background, I didn't struggle with weight growing up and was a pretty active child playing basketball and going to aerobics (hey, it was the 80's). My parents were both very good cooks ...
  3. 5 month check in

I had surgery on 9/25/13 and wanted to post some information about progress and learnings to date. The first few months were challenging for me mainly because I was so tired all the time. Things started to get a lot better in month three and I started to exercise more frequently which has helped with my stamina and energy level. Here are some of the biggest benefits.

Improved Relationships
    The relationships that I have with the people in my life has improved across the board. ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big girlz.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	321.5 KB 
ID:	17556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5 months.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	17557