Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

snugglebug

1. Real Talk... 2 Year Post Op

I had my surgery almost 2 years ago and I’ve managed to maintain a 95 pound weight loss. I’m going to be really honest right now and admit that a HUGE motivating factor for me in having this surgery was that I wanted to open up the options that I could have for romantic relationships. I had been overweight my entire life and have never been very successful in relationships. I’m convinced that these two things correlate on some level. I expected that once I became more attractive to men that the ...
  2. 9 Months and 80 lbs... Before and After

I'm someone who really enjoys live music and so this past weekend I ended up at a music festival that I had also attended a year ago. I decided that it might be interesting to compare the pictures from the two events since I've lost 80 pounds. I have to say, I was a bit surprised that the difference wasn't more pronounced. I still have about 40 pounds to reach my goal though so I'm trying not to be too judgmental about my appearance at this point. I'm sharing the pictures mostly because I was always ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before and after.jpg 
Views:	803 
Size:	258.4 KB 
ID:	20334  
  3. Goals and Being Accountable

Hello everybody!

A friend recently told me that when you set goals for yourself that it helps you to stay accountable if you share those goals with people around you. This makes a lot of sense to me and since my goals are related to weight loss and my gastric sleeve then I thought that you wonderful people would be the perfect ones to share with =)

I have figured out that I have about 19 weeks left until the one year anniversary of my surgery. I have Plan A and Plan ...
  4. I'm Having a Bad Day!

I'm nearly 7 months out from surgery and I've lost about 70 pounds so far but today I'm wondering why... What was the point? Before my surgery, men would mostly ignore me or they would be outright rude. Since I've lost weight and especially in the last month or so, I've noticed some more attention. Between that, and being able to shop for some new clothes, I had a huge boost in my confidence. Last week, I went on a great date with a man I thought was wonderful and I didn't stop smiling for days. ...
  5. 3 Month Update and MOODY!

Today I am exactly 3 months from my surgery date. I have lost a total of 47lbs and I am down from a size 18 to a size 14. I'm happy with my progress so far and feel good pretty physically. There hasn't been anything that I've tried that I can't eat or that makes me sick but I have found some foods that give me an uncomfortable feeling like a rock is sitting in my stomach. That being said, there are 3 things that I would possibly call "negative" side-effects since surgery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast