Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Wrightone111

1. It's been a while.....

Since I last posted because life got very hectic over the last couple of months. I'm now 5 months postop and down 68 pounds. I'm losing somewhat slowly but I'm ok with it now because I'm seeing so many other positive changes happening.

I work out several times per week, I work out with a trainer as well, having recently gone from working out with him 2x per week to 3x. He says that I'm stronger than even I realize, having shown significant improvement over these last couple of months ...
  2. 9 week postop update

So I finally feel like things are starting to progress. Stalls have broken, I'm down another 4.8 lbs as of this morning and I moved my belt buckle over one hole yesterday, lol.

I feel especially proud of myself because I had to travel out of town this weekend and was so afraid of undoing all of the positive changes that I've instituted in my life over these past 9 weeks. But I worked out not once but twice over the weekend. I ate out a bunch but ate only what I could, focused ...
  3. 8 weeks postop today

So I'm 8 weeks postop today and feel great. I exercise anywhere from 5-6 times per week and I've started increasing the time and work with a personal trainer. I'm on regular foods and doing pretty well, have had very few issues to date. I'm still working on fluids but have been getting the minimum of 64 oz the past few days. The only issue is that I'm not seeing any movement on the scale. I try not to let it frustrate me because I know it's something that most people experience at one time ...
  4. NSVs

I just started back to work this past Monday after being out for 6 weeks for surgery and 2 weeks for Christmas vacation. I'm down 40lbs so far, which is amazing in and of itself. But today when trying on clothes for work, I was able to get in not one but two pairs of slacks that I have not worn in at least two years. Funny this is that I'm not usually a big pant wearer because of my size but guess what I wore today.....PANTS!!! And as long as I can continue to fit into others, I'll be wearing ...
  5. Today I go back into the real world

My last day at work was on Friday, December 20, I started my preop diet on Monday, December 23 and my surgery was on Monday, January 6. So that makes a total of 8 weeks through this journey so far, exactly 6 weeks postop.

I was lucky enough to be able to take an extended amount of time off from work and I was glad to have it. At first it was just to get my body and mind right after this huge step towards better health. Then I lost my father, so that gave me the time to say my goodbye ...