Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

AdrienneG

1. Farewell

Today is actually an awesome day -- I received my surgery date of October 6, 2011. Unfortunately, we ran in to some insurance issues and the surgeon tried everything in her book of tricks but BCBS federal will not cover a sleeve for me. It seems that they look for co-morbidities relating to stomach issues for sleeve coverage. I'm actually happy to say that I do not have any. So is a gastric bypass for me. How do I feel about that? Actually great, I believe God makes changes in our lives for ...
  2. It's for real!!!!

What an awesome day. On my 1 1/2 drive to see the surgeon for my pre-op visit I kept thinking "I bet she has an emergency and I have to reschedule" or "Please don't let me have any car trouble or get lost" but I arrived on time (actually early) and had a great pre-op appointment. I originally was going to have a bypass so I was nervous that the doctor would not agree with my decision to switch to the sleeve. But she was very supportive and excited about my weight loss she ...
  3. I told... now what?

I have an aunt that's a pastor and I thought of all family members I'm sure I can tell her. Well, I only got the words out "I'm having bariatric surgery" and she immediately cut me off and said you don't need that and I don't believe in it. Wow!!! I took a deep breath (while trying not to roll my eyes) and continued to explain which procedure I was having and what it actually meant. Spent the rest of the evening feeling very judged BUT still comfortable with my decision and also feeling ...
  4. So excited I need to start a blog

So... as I sit around today waiting for Irene to pass by so we can head to Bethany Beach I realized that I have notes everywhere and decided to start a blog (basically for myself). Lost 5 lbs this week probably due to not eating because of strep and ear infections. I actually made an attempt to do my personal training session and the trainer took one look at me and sent me home (I love her not only because she's excellent but she didn't even charge me). Going to do my best if we ever get to the ...