Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. MY skin IS shrinking!!!!! Warning pics.....

Lately I have been taking better care of me and paying attention more to my skin and just getting ME back to normal. Well I was looking in the mirror today and I see a HUGE difference. The one showing my face was taken this morning the other one was taken about eight months ago. I have lost about 10 lbs since the first was taken but I am also using binders again and using coconut oil with grapefruit oil added as well as taking cilantro oil (they are recommended via doTERRA for damaged skin ...
  2. 4 days post-op and feeling a little lost.

Hey everyone,
    Hope you have enjoyed the holidays and that your journey is doing great. I'm four days post-op and it feels nice to be on the sleeved side, because I know there is now a light at the end of this tunnel. Although, I'm feeling a little lost when it comes to how much broth I'm supposed to be eating. When this all started I felt ibknew what to do, but now I am lost. I had about 2 oz of broth this afternoon, and I have been drinking on the same bottle of water all day, hard to get ...
  3. Got the Go Ahead! Hilton Head here I come!

Went to my post op visit with doctor...all healed, and she was impressed with my food log! She didn't give me any grief about my first few mistakes, although she did look at me when I walked in and just said "Pizza???" We both laughed. I am losing weight and I feel so good! It is amazing that I don't feel hungry anymore. Perhaps that first week my brain not realize I had the surgery, and was just acting as normal...feed me...I was so used to eating all the time, I was on autopilot, ...
  4. Soft.

Had my 2 week follow up with the doc today. Down roughly 30 lbs since this all started. Well, kind of..I'm back at my walking around weight before I put on a bunch if lbs when I moved in with my ex (another story).

First thing the receptionist hands me is a card that states I've had bariatric surgery and requests restaurants to allow me to order from the kids menu. I like the idea of the portions and lower price, hell I'm cool with the toy, but I'm not really big on chicken tenders, ...
  5. 4th day after surgery with Dr. Alvarez, hitting the wall

Well I sailed through the surgical process but now Im hitting the wall with the liquids. I started with bone protein broth...sounded like a good idea but the smell is so off putting that I could only finish about 2 oz. No nausea but just the smell of it makes me want to toss my cookies. My easiest thing to drink is vitamin water. Tried some chicken broth, that's ok. the best thing I have tried is Cambells chicken noodle soup strained, that tastes good. I have also been drinking the IsoPure protein ...