Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BigDogMom

1. New body (parts)

I am so very thankful for what I have been able to accomplish since having my sleeve. The weight came off slowly but steadily, and I've kept it off for over a year. Keep in mind though, I have implemented some very strict food guidelines in my life. I've been really careful, and thoughtful about what I'm eating and why. (The why part was definitely new.) I weigh out my portions. I make myself eat really slow. And if I'm not actually hungry, maybe just bored, I'll go find something to do other than ...
  2. Victorious and fashionable!

I have to brag a little about a non-scale victory I had recently. I was already pretty heavy when the "decorated butt" jeans became so popular. In fact, the last pair of jeans I purchased prior to surgery was a size 22. After those got too tight, I gave up and just lived in yoga pants. In the last 13 months since surgery, I have had to cycle through several shrinking sizes. About a month ago I bought myself a fancy pair of Miss Me jeans, in a size 8! They are fitting more loose these days, ...
  3. Protein pros and cons

Before I had my surgery on 11/08/2012, I felt like I had done all this good research on the "ideal" protein supplements to have. Crunching numbers and weighing out the options started as an easy task. However, once I got into the vast expanse of available nutrition supplements, the amount of information I found was daunting, to say the least.
    I wanted to share with everybody what I've learned and tried along the way.

1. Isopure Zero Carb, creamy vanilla... (Rating ...