Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

KathyL

I GOT THIS ~ view from the plateau

Rate this Entry
I refuse to call it a stall. I like plateau better. I can look up to see where I've been & with a little bit of imagination I can see down to where I am going.

I know we aren't suppose to weigh everyday but I am quilty as charged. I started it while on was on the 2 week pre-op diet & continued till this past Friday. Why last Friday? Because that is when I stepped on the scale to see the same number I had seen for a week. Thanks to this site I was prepared & didn't freak out. I am going to do my best not to weigh again till Thursday, that will be 4 week post-op.

While on this plateau things I've noticed/figured out/looking forward to:
1. I'm not drinking enough water. Trying to do better.
2. Wasn't walking enough. Have since been getting on the treadclimer for 30 minutes @ 3mph EVERYDAY ~ that's 1 1/2 mile.
3. my underwear, bathing suit & pants look baggy! Ya know like maybe a weight diaper looks on a baby.
4. I have been putting a strong fight against head hunger ~ may BE the hardest thing ever.
5. I miss crunch! I miss sweet tea! I will not miss being uncomfortable in my own body!
6. Hope to someday finish a meal while it is still hot.
7. Being almost 4 weeks out I am starting to feel human again. Not so tired & weak.
8. My insides are still sore & maybe swollen. This too will pass.
9. I must have looked like a can of biscuits about to pop in my clothes before sugery. All of them still fit or are too small, except for the butt (see #3).
10. Most important of all I know I GOT THIS ! ! !

Submit "I GOT THIS ~ view from the plateau" to Digg Submit "I GOT THIS ~ view from the plateau" to del.icio.us Submit "I GOT THIS ~ view from the plateau" to StumbleUpon Submit "I GOT THIS ~ view from the plateau" to Google

Tags: post-op Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You've got this. This too will pass. I would def recommend measurements. Each and everytime I hit a stall/plateau is when I would lose a ton of inches. Then the weight would go down again...then the inches.
    Yup, you got it. :-)
    Great attitude!!! We are in the same boat. My favorite on the list was #6. I always was the type of person who couldn't eat my food unless it was piping hot. That has to be one of the hardest adjustment that I have had to make. Frustrating to say the least but regardless I still LOVE MY SLEEVE!
    You most definitely got this, your attitude is very commendable! I read a lot of posts here and personally I can tell whether someone is going to be successful at changing their life around and your one of them. I'm not saying this in a bad way against anyone but I see it ....mostly in the attitude and how much effort one puts forth ...this wls is not a quick way out but only a tool and I'm going to be successful !! There are a lot out there that will be successful !!
    Keep it up and I love the positive outlook!! I said to my husband, how have I lost 17 lbs these last two weeks, but my clothes still fit okay? To which he very sweetly replied, baby you look amazing, you can't see what I see, and maybe those clothes were just a little tighter than you realized when you started this!! Made me laugh!!
    yes! Thanks for posting this. We all know that this will work if we follow the rules but it still stinks when we plateau! I've not lost this week, but I'm okay with that....I'm also still sore just a little tho. I go back for my 1mth follow up tomorrow. I'm the same way all my clothes fit so good now....must have been way to small cause I've lost almost 40lbs.
    I don't step on the scale everyday. I find it, if I let it, rules my emotions. If its down I'm happy and if its the same I get frustrated. I have decided not to give it the power!!! Ilke #6 too. My surgeon suggested eating half of what was prepared and if I'm still hungry going back 20 minutes later and finishing it...so my food never seems to be hot. God Bless...Mem
    Kathy L you rock! Love your attitude. I also think this site prepares you for your journey. Heck I was giving advice before I was even sleeved! lol Love your post
    I weigh myself everyday. I have been since I started my journey in March. I like to celebrate every single pound lost, I'd be upset if I didn't weigh myself for a few days and miss the celebrations that I could have had. I stalled all the time during my pre-op diet and every day that I didn't see a loss, I would evaluate what I was eating and how I was exercising. I would tweak it if needed be and within a few days, my number would drop, even if just by a teensy bit. I'm no longer afraid to see what my scale says so I actually look forward to stepping on it each day.
    Great news! U have a great attitude abt it and I know u will do wonderfully
    I don't weigh myself everyday now, I do it twice sometimes three times a day...lol. My plateau broke 3 days past my 4 week when I gave up on soft foods and started eating real food and also decreasing my two protein shakes a day to 1. I cut out a lot of dairy everyday too and increased the water. It will break, you'll see.

by the way, i agree with #9. I was thinking that I must have looked like two pigs fighting under a blanket..lol. I was wearing a size 18 and probably should have been wearing a 28..(not really).
    I've been weighing myself every day since I've had the surgery 11 months ago. Like someone had commented before, I like to celebrate each pound lost and to evaluate when there is a stall or in my case now when there is a gain. I've been at goal for about 6 weeks now.
    Over the Labor Day weekend I've gained 1 pound, had I not gotten on the scale every day that 1 pound could of been 2 or 3 by the time I would get on the scale again.

Best Wishes,
    Rose
    Yep, YOU GOT THIS Kathy...I have made a firm decision not to weigh again until Monday the 9th when I see my surgeon. I weighed on Sun and lost 5 lbs since surgery, but I don't want to be obsessed with the scale (not saying you are)...scales scare the bazzeezies out of me.
    AMEN!! That's exactly how you need to look at it! The best part, OK, the second best part about this plateau, is that someday it will be over and you will continue to lose weight. The BEST part is that at this time is when the inches will come off and hopefully you're sizes will go down too! I never got too discouraged over plateaus as I knew it was the time for my body to rest and re-adjust so that I could continue on. Every other "diet" I ever did that I hit a plateau, they would just tell me EVERYTHING that I was doing wrong and I would feel like a failure, which would then lead me to a box of cookies! Not this time!! I persevered and came out on top! I was prepared, knew what was coming and why, and didn't let it derail me one bit!

Good luck and continue on!!
    I always love your attitude and your posts. You soooooo GOT THIS!!! =)
    oops ~ I didn't wait till tomorrow ~ I couldn't help myself ~ jumped on the scale this morning ~ the plateau is starting to tilt every so slightly ~ will post weight tomorrow.