Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawzow

1 day to go

Rate this Entry
Today I fly into San Diego. The driver will pick me up from the airport and take us across the border.

Last night I was having cold feet and felt like I would never be able to eat again (this clear liquid diet is the worst part, I hear) - it truly feels like I am breaking up with food.

My husband told me this is a new beginning and I am going to do great.... That was enough to keep me going.

I am nervous and scared, but also so excited! I've also learned that broth is disgusting and I much rather eat the cup o' soups, or Ravens without the noodles lol! I also have been eating jello... Lots and lots of jello!

My plane leaves at 3:45 this afternoon. Traveling while on a laxative... Not looking forward to it!

Submit "1 day to go" to Digg Submit "1 day to go" to del.icio.us Submit "1 day to go" to StumbleUpon Submit "1 day to go" to Google

Comments

You will indeed do great! I also feel a little grieving over the food, but the goal is to replace my relationship with food with something(s) much better!
    Best wishes!
    You will do great the clear liquid part sucks. But, hang in their this will pass and the scale will go down down down soon enough.
    Good luck, I'm sure all will go great and you'll be glad you made the choice. I'm a month out and am so happy I made decision to have this done. I'm starting to wear clothes I haven't been able to for a while now and it feels great!
    Travelling while using a laxative - yikes!!! lol

Really wonderful that you have your husbands support.

All the best to you ... Janet M.
    you will be fine! I also felt like I would never enjoy food again but that's not true! I'm six months post op and I enjoy all kinds of foods. I just can't eat more than 6oz (most of the time) at once! It's a great tool to control our impulsive/compulsive need to eat large quantities of food. I wish you a speedy recovery. It will be difficult the first 2-3 weeks but things will go back to normal soon enough. Best of luck to you!
    Thanks for all the support! Today's the day!