Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 7 days post op and need some suggestions

I had my surgery on March 10th and it went quite well. I woke up feeling like I had an elephant sitting on my chest, but was up and walking once I got back to my room. The mouth swabs were a life saver for my dry mouth and no water or ice chips allowed.I went home in two days and am recovering slowly. I feel very tired with no energy. I'm drinking two protein shakes and water. The shakes that I loved prior to surgery are making me nauseous.I'm going to try the instant breakfast. I got some V8 which ...
  2. Happy day!

I am 25 days out from surgery and I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I am finally under 300lbs. I haven't been this for over 3yrs now. This is a milestone for me! I can't imagine how happy I will be when I hit under 200! Time is going by fast! I can't believe It will be 4 weeks ago last Monday that I had my surgery. When I came home the day after I thought to myself, OMG what did I just do to my body? Now I have no regrets, I am feeling better and can't wait to see what the ...
  3. 10-Month Sleeversary and 50lbs Lost Post-OP

I have officially lost 52lbs post-op! And 71lbs total since self-imposed pre-op diet which I started March 2016.

I am wearing size 10/12 comfortably even on my "Moon" days.

I am eating about 1200-1300 calories, except the root canal recovery which I was hardly eating for about a week. Even with that low cal week, I didn't manage to lose much more than projected/expected loss for the month.

Feeling a little disorganized, but I am going to ...
  4. Airplane travel. Help!

I am a few months PreOP and was pondering a few things. The fat kid in me is worried about traveling and what I am going to eat since I will be on the strict pre-op diet plan. I am flying from FL to CA and from there we are traveling to Mexico.
    Anyone else that has had to fly know what the rules are for travel and have some good advice as what I can do to make it more comfortable there and back? I am curious to the allowance of bringing back medications and liquids on the plane since I assume ...