Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. how are you treated?

When I was a freshmen in high school I was a size 16. I can clearly remember when a boy I had a crush on made fun of me for being fat. It hurt. Just like all the times before that. I remember hating the way i looked, wishing i looked like the 'popular' girls.
    When I turned 16 I started working, if I wasn't at school I was at work. I was active at my job, lifting and constantly moving. I switched from regular side to diet, had a salad for dinner every night on my break, no more snacking ...
  2. Mixed Emotions ~ closing in on goal weight ~

Goal weight has been the enchanted spirit. It lulls me with its sweet song, and gently dance. I look at it, and long to be with it. To have my true love, the one thing I desire…. The ever so sexy goal weight, how I lust for the!!

Ok, maybe that’s the Hollywood version but, I know I’m not alone with the way the target number on the scale has been in my mind. I do push for it but understand health is my goal. I aim to reach it but, will not “cut corners” such as not eating ...
  3. Just hours away...and a cool souvenir from my recent Spring Training trip...

Hey gang,

I had my pre-op visit with my plastic surgeon this afternoon. I had to be at the hospital at 6AM tomorrow morning, I am scheduled to be off work for 8 weeks. I am looking forward to getting rid of my man boobs and pannus. The operation as I mentioned earlier will also cover muscle tightening and repair of two hernias.

Growing up heavy/obese, I was bullied and ridiculed for having breasts larger than girls in my classes.

I am trying to ...
  4. UNDER my goal weight! Say what?!! (Pic included)

When I first started this journey a year ago I remember thinking 'Ok, I'll set a goal weight and we'll see if I get there or not'. Even though I had seen numerous before and afters and other people's successes, I still didn't think it would work for me. Chalk it up to the countless times I had tried to lose weight and failed and never having been a normal weight since probably age 12. So I set 150 as my goal since it was a few lbs above the 'normal' BMI range for my height but not really thinking ...
  5. An amazing vacation

I just got back from an unexpected vacation (surprised my Dad for his birthday) and I can't give justice through words how awesome it was. The victories were endless due to my sleeve surgery and progress. Here are just a few:
    No stress on the plane worrying about the seatbelt not fitting. Pulled it tight with 6 inches to spare. Tray table folded down comfortably and I didn't have to jam it under my chest. Bought two new bathing suits with no issues. Played golf following the dress code (shirt ...
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast