Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

naschroeder

Aargh!! I want a Poptart!!!

Rate this Entry
OMG!! I'm having horrible cravings and I'm only 6 days out. I want poptarts, cookies, sweet substance. Lol. I was hoping ALL of this would go away after this surgery. Did anyone else experience these kinds of ravenous cravings? If so, how did you deal with it?

Submit "Aargh!! I want a Poptart!!!" to Digg Submit "Aargh!! I want a Poptart!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Aargh!! I want a Poptart!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Aargh!! I want a Poptart!!!" to Google

Comments

I haven't had it yet, but my thought is that the farther you are out from the bad foods the less you will crave them. Hang in there!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marivdb
    I haven't had it yet, but my thought is that the farther you are out from the bad foods the less you will crave them. Hang in there!!!

How far are you out?
    Give it some time and the cravings will go away. Good luck
    find a yogurt with some flavor that has help me like right now i am eating a non fat yogurt BOSTON CREAM PIE not to bad 90 cal and it has 10grams of sugar but anyway that's my little tip on the sweet bug
    good suggestion by vembraleigh -- another thing I do is take my plain greek yogurt and mix in reduced sugar strawberry or apricot preserves to sweeten it up. sugar free popsicles and jello can be a nice diversion too.
    Lick something without swallowing it. The craving sits on your tongue and in your head - your tummy doesn't need the actual substance.
    Worth a try.
    I didn't crave sweets, i craved FOOD and still am. I am so tired of this bland, monotone food that I don't know what to do. I will be glad when I can sit down and have a balanced meal. Never thought I would crave vegetables. i want some spinach and greens so bad. I have chewed some meat, but not swallowed it and that took away that craving.

I would like some frozen yogurt too, but that is not a craving that is taking me over the edge. I want to CHEW something..lol
    I have had some of the weirdest cravings....
    spam and cheese on a cracker
    salad
    kale chips
    anything crispy really....
    Chewing sugar-free popsicles helped with the need to gnaw for me. Just a suggestion. I'm totally with you though...the desire to chew is intense!
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnieP
    spam and cheese on a cracker
    SPAM! My kryptonite!
    For chewing, I like the SF popsicles. Sonic has great ice also! You may just be having sugar withdrawals, or could it be head hunger? I just tell myself that I do not want to fail so I stick very close to my food choices.

Good luck!