Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Nature Girl

1. It's not always about willpower. There are some potent chemicals in the processed foods we eat...

I just went to my first visit with a therapist yesterday. I believe that I am a food addict and that food addiction is a chemical addiction just like alcohol or drugs. I'm 7 weeks out and am struggling with my cravings and my head telling me I'm still hungry when I'm not.

My therapist thinks that the chemicals in our foods, like white sugar and white flour access the addiction centers of our brains and cause cravings, bad behaviors, etc, just like someone who is an alcoholic while ...
  2. Diet Soda is My Gateway Drug

I have come to realize that diet soda (Pepsi for me) is a gateway drug. I will be doing fine not craving sweets, and I will have a couple ounces, very slowly of diet Pepsi in the middle of the day and then by the end of the night I'm craving all the sweet crap in the house. If I'd known this years ago things might have been very different.

My doctor allows the rare carbonated beverage, but I can see I'm going to have to break this addiction...