Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

amandajane

1. 2 Year Check-In

Hi everyone! Wow- it has been a LONG TIME since I've logged on to this site and I have to say, it's exciting to read about all the "newbies" out there waiting to have their surgeries again. I guess once you've adjusted to your new life, you forget that there are still people out there who need your input and advice. This site was such a wealth of information when I was waiting for my surgery. I learned so much from the veterans who came before me and now, 2 years later, I am one of ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before_After.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	25784  
  2. Still "Overweight"

Hi everyone! Well- I'm a little over 7 months out and things have really slowed down in the WL department, but I'm certainly not complaining. I'm losing about 3-4 lbs per month now and I can be up or down a lb at any point from one week to the next. But, I'm still plugging away with about 16 more lbs to lose until I reach my personal goal. I eat like a normal person, have my treats when I want them and am loving life.

OK- so now lets get to the thing that's ticking me off today- ...
  3. 6 Month Surgiversary!

Happy 6 month surgiversary to me! Wow- time has gone by quickly! I really don't have too much to say other than I couldn't feel happier about myself or my decision to have this surgery. I am so proud of how far I have come b/c I never would've believed this was possible. I feel like the "light bulb" has come back on inside of me and I'm starting to look on the outside like the person I have always felt on the inside. I'm no longer someone who wants to sit in the house b/c I hate how ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6 month photo.JPG 
Views:	611 
Size:	544.8 KB 
ID:	21703  
  4. 5 Month Update

Hey-Hey! It's been a while since I've blogged but I'm still reading all of the progress ya'll are making and it's awesome to see! I'm going on my 22nd week post op so I just finished up my 5th month. Wow- What a ride! I wish I could grab all you newbies and give you insight into my brain for 5 minutes so you could see how amazing this is... honestly. I remember being you- so nervous and worried that I would be the "one" who didn't lose weight.. not understanding why I could get ...
  5. Progress

Happy Friday! Yesterday I was 11 weeks out from surgery and finally hit 50 lbs lost (30 since surgery and 20 on the pre-op diet). I am averaging about 10 lbs per month post surgery, which I think is awesome. I did stall ( like everyone else) right after week 2 post op, so for those of you who are going through that now- hang in there... it's not fun, but it will pass. But, this morning I was thinking to myself- "do you really SEE 50 lbs gone"? And my answer was "no".. ...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast