Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Notes from bariatric surgery orientation, surgeon Dr. Mark C. Takata, Scripps Hospital, 9/16/2019

This is my intrepretation from the orientation. There may be content errors; consult with your surgeon if anything is different from what you've heard.

1. Marcia (mar-see-a) Chavez is the go-to person on insurance and what to do next steps.

2. Dr. Takata really enjoys being a bariatric surgeon because:
    a. Bariatric surgery makes a giant impact on the lives of patients, more than many other areas, and akin to the impact that organ transplantation has
  2. 16 days to go.....everything in place, except EXERCISE

Caffiene - check
    Vitamins - check
    Meds - check
    Support group - check

Exercise???
    Why do I feel the need to wash my mouth out with soap?
    Why is it a four letter word to me?
    Why do I think, that thinking about it and sweating in the heat is the same as actually doing it?

I dread the thought of it. Getting on a treadmill is like killing me softly with short breath and boredom.

I'VE got to break this and not nap ...
  3. Lapband has been removed!

Lapband removed April 15, 2015. My Gastric Sleeve surgery is scheduled for May 27, 2015. Looking forward to possibility of less fibro pain with loosing weight. My spinal stenosis probably won't complain about the weight loss either.
  4. New to site .... Intro .....Anxiously awaits

Happy Friday night fellow sleevers, pre - sleevers, post - sleevers! I just joined today and have to admit ... this IS the place to be, lots of love, laughter, smiles and even a little bit of pain.
    I'll be honest with you, the thought of VSG didn't even enter my mind until a few months ago. I am a happy, well adjusted (most days ) plus size woman, I worked out, but like all of us here LOVED to eat. I also have a weeeee little problem - my raging blood pressure. My plan was to have the ...
  5. The Start Of A Beautiful Friendship.... The uncensored events of the day of my op.

The alarm pulled off its cries at around 4:30am on December 10th 2012. It was Monday and I was hyperventilating and shaking like a leaf. I don't know what I would have done without my boyfriend Michael and my mum. They were amazing. I packed my bag after a thorough cleaning and scrubbing and trimming to make sure there was as little bacteria as possible on my body. My boyfriend took a picture of me as I finished stuffing my rucksack and I noticed that my clothes were already baggy from the 4 week ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast