Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bergamini

1. Pic 29 Months Post Tummy Tuck & A Few Oldster's Thoughts

I've been negligent in posting a recent tummy tuck pic. Here it is! I had my sleeve on 11/30/2012 and TT on 10/22/13. I had a very fast functional recovery. But oh the pinkness. I was pink for years! It is still lightly pink. I presume part of that is because I'm fair skinned. But it was a bit frustrating looking like I had been cut in half for a few years. I was a bit self-conscious. It is much improved now.

I've seen a lot of women who have had TT and a few of them have ...
  2. Holy Cow - 3 Years!

Monday will be my 3rd anniversary of being sleeved so I figured it was time to post to the blog. Hope you all are doing well!

Maintenance is a b*tch. No way around that. My first year of losing was easier than my first year of maintenance but this last year of maintenance has been hardest of all. The upside is that I'm at a relatively steady weight. I had gotten down to 165-168 for a few months after my tummy tuck, then got in the 170-175 range. This past year I got up to 178# ...
  3. Thoughts 27 Months Out

I've been meaning to post a blog entry but haven't in a while. So here we go.

I'm 27 months out now. I started at roughly 300# and dropped to as low as 165# before leveling off at 175#. I'm 5'11" so this is a good weight, and even if my face looked a bit gaunt I ultimately would have preferred 165# but it is what it is.

I eat more than I ever imagined I could. I eat really clean probably 4-5 days per week, have some naughty days on the others. I cannot pretend ...
  4. A sleever runs a marathon! (26.2m)

Sorry for my very infrequent blog posts, I've been busy as usual: new job, new digs and I have been training like crazy for my first full marathon (26.2 miles), which was this past weekend in Green Bay, WI (Lambeau Field).

I finished! I wanted to run 9:30 miles, but I ran closer to 9:50. I actually ran ~ the first 20 miles at 9:37 but then hit a wall around mile 22 through almost mile 25 which slowed my pace down a bit. I perked up then and ran the last 1.2 miles at about a 9:10 ...
  5. PS#8: 4 Months Post PS Op w/Pics and My Journey 15 Months Out

It's been a while since I've blogged. I admit it. I am a tiny bit frustrated at some of the whining on here. I snapped at someone who basically felt like they were a failure because they "only" lost 5# in 7 days. I struggle with understanding people who are so despondent about a number on a scale when they are getting healthier and healing each and every day. I was SO terrified of a leak, or worse, during my post-op recovery that the weight loss was very much secondary. I just wanted ...
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast