Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lmdee73

1. Progress update for those interested

I have dropped two sizes since I started down this road to healthy with my pre-op liquid diet on June 2, 2014. According to my scale, I'm a third of the way to the goal weight my dr decided on. I have no regrets about my decision to have surgery. It was THE best thing I've ever done for myself and I'm excited to see where this road will end!

In 7 weeks:
    Total weight lost ~ 31.6#
    Total inches lost ~ 19.75
  2. 1 Month Out

Getting back into routine, I'm finding it harder to get on here as much, but wanted to check in. It's a special day.

It's been one month since my surgery! I am at my lowest weight in some years (three at least), my clothes are beginning to "feel" big, although I'm still wearing the same clothes as before, they're just not snug anymore. According to my dr, I am progressing nicely and am exactly where I should be one month post-op.

For a visual affect....I ...
  3. Note to self....

Slow down! Last night I had only my second little wave of nausea since surgery. This time I'm convinced it was due to eating a tad too fast. The nausea was short lived, but most definitely uncomfortable. That will not be a mistake that will be repeated!!!

All part of the learning curve. I love that I'm "hearing" when my body is trying to tell me something. Keeping your head free of garbage makes all the difference in the world.
  4. 2 Weeks Post Op

Just a quick check-in. Not a lot to report, but I do think it's important that I update weekly on progress and how I'm feeling so I can have it to look back on going forward.

So...week 2...went back to work and that's going well, although I'm mentally drained by the time I get home. I know that it will take a few days to get back into a groove. This too shall pass.

Soft foods. YUM! Not much more I can say about that! I did try some unsweetened apple sauce yesterday. ...
  5. More soft food "stuff"

So...it's been one day since I started incorporating soft foods back into my day. Started out with 1/2 a poached egg yesterday morning, approx 1 1/2 spoonfuls of cottage cheese yesterday afternoon and actually had several small bites of tilapia and squash last night...probably my favorite of all the things I tried yesterday.

This morning I tried a hard boiled egg....again only 1/2 of it got eaten. I may try one scrambled in a few days and see if that makes a difference. Right now, ...
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast