Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. back to counting calories

Hey all!! I haven't posted in a long time! I see a lot of new faces and a lot of people starting this life changing journey. CONGRATS EVERYONE!
    I was sleeved about 3.5 years ago. I was 255lbs on the day of surgery. I lost weight really fast. I can't remember exact times but I think after 18mo I got down to 123lbs, at 5'7" I was super skinny, pics in my profile.
    I needed to gain. Before gaining I was happy at 150, so I set my goal at 145. I needed to gain 20lbs (never had that ...
  2. Clothes Shopping 101

The topic of shopping for clothes has been showing up in the threads and blogs I have been reading. As a direct result (and if I am so inclined), I have chosen to openly discuss this topic for those who have yet to experience this firsthand.

Let discount, secondhand, and thrift stores become your ally. Any of these stores will benefit you (and your pocketbook) greatly when searching for clothing that may only be temporarily worn. What I currently do is shop for my current size, as ...
  3. Total NSV

Trying on Mother of the Groom dresses yesterday and the lady helping said “you’re thin enough that they all look good on you “.
  4. An Epiphany in Portion Control

Last night while my wife and I were preparing dinner I had an epiphany of sorts.

We decided to look into the caloric intake, carbohydrates, protein, etc. of the meal we were preparing (beef tips) and much to our surprise, we discovered that they were relatively high in protein, low in carbs, and the caloric intake was minimal. I say this because as I prepared and consumed my serving, I realized that my portion - while smaller than my wife's (about 1/2 cup) - was the appropriate size ...
  5. Shining Like A Superstar

Recent frustrations aside, I have sought information and inspiration, as well as put in dedication and perspiration all with the hope that the scale will tip in my favor, and much to my chagrin I have been met with nothing short of opposition where my weight loss journey is concerned.

I said all of that because as kooky as it may sound when read through, it pretty much sums up how I have been feeling. I have literally been busting my ass to make see the result I am looking for but ...