Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Interesting Theory on Persistent Hunger, and a neat read...

[QUOTE=zmdh39;486469]Tons of people wonder why hunger comes back after surgery...I have my own theory on this, but I thought this was an interesting take on the subject:

There full article can be found here: [url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7838668.stm]BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | Why do some people never seem to get fat?[/url]

I was looking up various weight loss research, theories on why weight gain is easy for some, and so difficult for others...this ...
  2. Pre-op diet

The pre-op diet has begun. 3 premier proteins and 1 lean and green meal per day! The first day I was so tired and today I had a lot of energy. My kids rooms are now painted and I am done most of my home organization. I didn't want people to come and help and they can't find linens, kids clothes, food, paper goods etc...

I am avoiding the grocery store right now. Too much temptation. I need to pack my bag soon. I will have a longer stay due to open surgery so I need stuff for about ...
  3. Long term sleevers and WEIGHT GAIN??? I didn't write this article, just blogged it so I could find it again.

[QUOTE=melanie0941;486257]Hello Mommysoup,

I just posted the below a few weeks ago... I am re-posting a it may answer some of our questions...

Hello Sleevers,

I am 3 YEARS post gastric sleeve surgery today!

First, I want to say... I am soooo glad I got the sleeve. I have NEVER regretted my decision. Sure, there have been some ups and downs on this road but at least I felt like I had a fighting chance with this phenomenal ...
  4. Taking steps

Met with my RD today, lost 7 more pounds. Attended the required pre-surgery class at the hospital last night. Tuesday I will have my annual physical and will get my clearance for the heart part. Closing in on the surgery! You all inspire me!
  5. Good to go.

My cardiologist put me through some tests to see if my heart was ok for the sleeve surgey because I had a heart attack in 2008 & he said everything was fine, so now all I have to do is pick a date in late January or early February and I be all set. I will be going to Mexico,because I'm paying for it & here in Ontario its $ 19,000. I really have learned a lot from all your posts. Thanks for the info. Keep it coming.