Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Hctink

1. Curves

Has anyone joined Curves after surgery? I am three weeks post-op and really didnt know what exercises to do to at our school gym (which is nice and free but no one there to coach) so I looked into Curves. I think I will really like it. I joined Wednesday. Worked out Thusday, attended "boot camp friday"(high intensity work out) today and while I can feel it, I also feel amazing!
  2. Venting and staying positive....at the same time!

I know everyone is different but it is frustrating to be 3 wks post op and only lost 10lbs (plus 11 pre-op). However, with that said I feel great! I have energy, I have been going to the gym once or twice a day and while Im not there a long time I am at least moving. I really wish I had someone to tell me what to do while there (its the gym at my school so no one is there). I know at some point in time pounds have to start going away. I have lost 10" in my stomach though so I do see a difference ...
  3. Am I normal?

Almost 2weeks post op, other than a few bumps in the road the first three days it has been ok. One think I notice is that every says they have trouble and have to sip. I still drink normal...makes me wonder if Im normal ) Im only on straight liquids for the first month so I havent seen how much I can eat before feeling full just makes me worry that I will be able to eat more than the few ounces that we are supposed to.
  4. Cross your fingers for me.

I had my last required meeting with my surgeon today, all tests and evals have come back great. Now he submits everything to the insurance company. I know they will approve it but the question is if I will have a waiting period or not. I sure hope not! Not that I am in a huge hurry but as a teacher with the summer off, it would be nice to do it sooner than waiting 6 months and have it during the school year. Planning for subs is more work than going in sometimes. So please keep your fingers crossed ...