Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Lightbulb moment

I've been struggling lately, after my recent blog posts anyone who's read them will know I've been scratching my head as to where I'm going wrong.
    Last night I was looking for recipes, menu ideas, that kind of thing when I came across a thread from a long time ago where the poster talked of being very hungry all the time. "That's just like me" I thought. I have been grazing a lot and the reason I've been grazing is because I never felt full and felt hungry all the darn time. I'd ...
  2. TOMORROW. .....22 hours

Yikes, it's here. Clear liquids today and I'm just starting to get hungry. I had round table pizza and wings last night. One of each..I what you say? That's all? It just wasn't tasting good or was it me? I still have to clean house, pack a little bag, say goodbye to mom (she's leaving on a cruise) and get to bed early to try and sleep through the big hunger that is coming later today!
  3. PMS Problems

Okay, my menstrual cycle has always presented a bit of a problem for me in the form of noticeable PMS. A week or so before my period I get tired, grumpy, and hungry. I always have. I still do. I used to spend the whole week eating sweet-savory-sweet-repeat treats and biting the heads off of folks who came too close. The problem now is I can't eat to make myself feel better. Instead, I'm stuck obsessing about what I want to eat and what I actually can eat.

Bah! It's so frustrating! ...
    Tags: hunger, pms Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  4. Head Hunger VS REAL Hunger

Today has been challenging with being hungry. I can't tell if I'm actually hungry or not. Does anyone have any tips to combat this? I was considering chewing on ice but didn't know if that would be beneficial or not.

Oh, SN:
    I see a lot of posts saying they have to be on a liquid diet for two weeks AFTER surgery but my doctor put me on mushy foods after being home. Is that strange? I've had pudding and a little bit of mashed potatoes so I don't think it's too bad.
  5. 8days and new foods

I made it thru the first week of post op liquids. Got ok to advance yesterday to proteins shakes, eggs, refried beans and cottage cheese. It was nice to get some food in my system as that has helped the hunger.
    I can say to make sure you get plenty of water in as I haven't been and have been dizzy. Talked to nurse on Monday and was told I should be drinking about 50 oz a day, which is a lot more than I thought would be possible.
    So far things are not to bad, things in the home have ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast