Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 3 months post-op stomach repair

Hello my friends!

So the big news of the day, I met the expert (doc for work) this morning, the visit was just a pure waste of time (the guy was plain stupid, I'm so fed up with doctors!) but at least he did agree with my PCP and surgeons: I'm able to go back to work!
    Finally!
    I've been asking my HR to get an appointment since August, but the last expert just retired (he was actually really nice, too bad for us) and they had to find a new expert, and since I have several ...
  2. mil drama & food poisoning

well it's been quite awhile since I've been on here. The summer absolutely flew past! I've been having some kidney pain since april-may so I've had 2 ultrasounds,bloodwork & a CT scan & I'm now waiting on results. Also had an issue w/ my right arm & neck around the 4th of July where my hand went numb so I'm now doing physical therapy & got a cortisone injection in my shoulder. The whiplash I sustained from my car accident before Christmas never healed completly. Then in August I ...
  3. Notes from bariatric surgery orientation, surgeon Dr. Mark C. Takata, Scripps Hospital, 9/16/2019

This is my intrepretation from the orientation. There may be content errors; consult with your surgeon if anything is different from what you've heard.

1. Marcia (mar-see-a) Chavez is the go-to person on insurance and what to do next steps.

2. Dr. Takata really enjoys being a bariatric surgeon because:
    a. Bariatric surgery makes a giant impact on the lives of patients, more than many other areas, and akin to the impact that organ transplantation has
  4. We reached the Arctic Circle

A couple of days ago we reached the Arctic Circle!
    The weather has been terrible lately, lots of rain and it is freezing cold...duh... who knew? LOL
    Just want to share some pictures.

Yes! We made it! Hubby took a picture of me taking the obligated picture. lol
    Skinny legs!

Camping all alone on top of the world.