Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

The path we're all sharing

Introduction to my My Path!

Rate this Entry
I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager and didn't know how that really affects your body until I did some extensive research on my own and had countless discussions with my primary care doctor. These things include weight gain, hormone imbalances, irregular menses, among countless other things.

As the years passed I gained weight every year....I always knew that I wanted to have gastric surgery but felt that bypass was too drastic for me and to the body.
When I found out about the sleeve, I was ecstatic! I did some research, started my process and have NEVER looked back.

I look forward to my monthly support group meetings and talking to people who are ahead of me in this process and reassuring those who are about to have surgery. I love empowering people and enjoy sharing information and tips!

I had the sleeve Nov 29, 2012 and to date have lost 66lbs.

Then @ 274lbs: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02Before.JPG 
Views:	410 
Size:	749.4 KB 
ID:	12435

Current @ 208lbs: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12After66.JPG 
Views:	456 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	12436

Submit "Introduction to my My Path!" to Digg Submit "Introduction to my My Path!" to del.icio.us Submit "Introduction to my My Path!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Introduction to my My Path!" to Google

Comments

You're looking really good - I know I can't wait for my surgery.
    You are such an inspiration, you look amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kait
    You are such an inspiration, you look amazing!
    Thank you! As soon as I had surgery I was so moved to help ANYONE I come in contact with who's struggling with their weight. I LOVE attending my hospitals support group and talking with everyone. They're excited, I'm excited...it's like a super boost to my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rox
    You're looking really good - I know I can't wait for my surgery.
    Rox- I can assure you of this, your life WILL change, and in astounding ways. It's not always a victory on the scale, but in LIFE: inches, clothes, activities, personal relationships, your own views.

It's hard to explain to someone who hasn't had the surgery yet but your perspective changes. I can't tell you when or how, but it does. Maybe because it has too....

I would do this again tomorrow, no regrets!
    So happy for you!
    I just wanted to say after reading this post of yours it made me join this site. I'm in the very beginning of all this and it's scary. I have my parents & boyfriend to talk to who are supportive but it's not the same because they are not going through it. I'm currently being tested for PCOS and I truely think I have it because all the signs & symptoms are there. So, really I just wanted to thank you for your honesty, it gave me the courage to reach out and start talking about my journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelee711
    I just wanted to say after reading this post of yours it made me join this site. I'm in the very beginning of all this and it's scary. I have my parents & boyfriend to talk to who are supportive but it's not the same because they are not going through it. I'm currently being tested for PCOS and I truely think I have it because all the signs & symptoms are there. So, really I just wanted to thank you for your honesty, it gave me the courage to reach out and start talking about my journey.
    Hi Lovelee,

I just saw your comment, and wanted to say THANK YOU! You are why I want to reach out to others. There is also a PCOS group on here if you haven't found it yet.

This WILL CHANGE your life in all the best ways! I wish you much success! Keep in touch!!