Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mccourtl

1. 5 Days Post Op

Hi All,

This is the first day I've felt enough strength or ambition to write. I had my surgery on 20 Nov and did run into some issues. The surgery before mine (lap band to sleeve conversion) was complicated and took longer than expected, so I didn't get into the operating room under 12:30 vice 10:30. When I went into recovery I had a large hematoma on my left--it was extremely painful and would spasm whenever I moved. I'm sure some of the pain was also caused by gas, but I found ...
  2. Surgeon Recommended Reading

When I had my pre-op visit with my surgeon 2 weeks ago, one of my "to do's" was to read the book "Younger Next Year * for Women Live Strong, Fit and Sexy--Until You're 80 and Beyond" (*turn back your biological clock) by Chris Crowley & Henry S. Lodge, M.D. Note--there is also a version of this book for men.
    Well, I have to say I wasn't the least bit excited about reading yet another self-help book. But--I went on to Amazon.com and ordered a used copy for a penny ...
  3. Information from Bariatric Education Class

This probably won't be news to anyone who has already been through surgery, but might be interesting to those who haven't been to class yet.

Well yesterday was a busy day. I went for my 2 hour Bariatric Education class and my pre-op appointment (less than 2 weeks now!).

The education class was great. The nurse had WLS and knew what we would be going through. She had read information on each patient and called us by name as we came into class. She wanted us to know ...
  4. Interesting Information Worth Sharing

I SO love this forum, I'm constantly learning new things and my motto is... "sharing is caring."

I was reading the latest posts and saw a comment from TheNewKevin regarding why we shouldn't drink for at least 1/2 hour after eating. I found the "funnel" video he referenced and wanted to share with anyone who was interested.

WLS - No Drinking With Meals! - YouTube

Well, that video led me to the formerfatdudes.com website. There ...
  5. How I Look at My Upcoming Change

I loved the following quote:

“How does one become a butterfly” she asked pensively
    “You must want to fly so much you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.”

—–From Hope For The Flowers

Isn't that the truth for this journey we're on...