Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

bjcarey2005

1. The Times They Are A Changin (9)

Written May 18th, 2011

Today marks 4 months since I have had my bariatric sleeve surgery... I remember so many times before surgery, I would wonder on "where I'd be" ~ 3 months from now, or one year later. Would this surgery really change my life, could I really obtain goals/dreams I've wanted all my life ~ or would they forever remain an elusive dream?! To say my body is undergoing a shape-shift, would be an understatement. I can barely keep up with the changes I now notice ...
  2. Spring Blessings (8)

Written April 21, 2011

Springtime Is The Land Awakening.... The April Winds Are The Morning Yawn

I just love spring, it awakens all your senses and renews ones spirit after such a long, grey winter. As I walk around my yard and notice the first buds appearing on our trees, it reminds me of myself. Just as this tree is starting a new, fresh season, so am I. So many changes happening within my body, in so little time… that it is just fascinating.

3. Hello World (7)

Written March 30th, 2011

Outside my living room window there stands this odd tree, or shall I say "trees" - a sweet pink rose whose roots somehow intertwined with apple in their youth - which have now grown and combined to form this most unique vision. For years now, I've sat on my sofa watching the ever changing tree move from beautiful, new green buds in the spring, to full green foliage for our summer enjoyment. Apples and pink roses, side by side, such an odd combination ...
  4. New Way of Living (6)

Written March 4th, 2011

Home... it does a body good! *lol* It was wonderful to be home, to be finished with my surgery - now I could focus on mending my wounds and getting my body reformatted to the new diet, or way of living. Walking into the house, knowing the kids were waiting on me - nearly brought me to tears. Tho I was only gone for a few days... it seemed like weeks! I was alittle sore/stiff after the 2 and half hour drive home and just wanted to get comfortable.
  5. Homeward Bound (5)

Written February 15th, 2011

I awoke a few hours later to a sleepy hospital... it was about 1 a.m. The nights seem forever long when you really need the most rest. I checked out my surgery wounds, most were tiny, as they were able to do the surgery laparoscopically - there were 5 incisions in total. Two of them only had 3 staples to close them, another had 4 staples, the other 5 staples - the largest wound, found under my left breast had about 11 staples. That was the site with the ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast