Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. It Seems Everything Has Finally Hit the Fan

I want to apologize for my short but noticeable (to me) absence over the course of the past two days. I am in the process of searching for a new university and in doing so have been met with short bursts of opposition – I guess it would be what most within the VSG community refer to here (myself included) as life.

I won’t spend a great deal of time on this subject, but I believe it in some ways has everything to do with my recent lack of direction, determination, and dedication. ...
  2. Mixed Feelings

Well, today marks the official 7 month day since I had my life altering surgery. I called this Mixed Emotions because, when I stepped on the scale today, I had only lost 6 pounds this past month. Kind of disappointing. Now I know the days are gone when I am loosing 10+ pounds each month. I was just a little shocked as it felt like I was on point all month, and to view such small results is a little disheartening. Oh well, I will get over it! I have had some amazing things happen in the past 7 months ...
  3. Hungry Alot

Hi, I am going through something I have not seen mentioned here yet, hoping someone can relate. I am about 2 1/2 months post op. While I am doing extremely well on this journey and have had virtually no problems at all. I get hungry. A lot. It's been like this from the beginning. I truly feel like a baby that needs to eat every 2-3 hours. I have been tracking my food on MyFittnessPal and I am heavily eating more 'snack' foods than meals. I eat to the point of feeling full, usually 5-6 forkful/spoonfuls. ...
  4. Smoke and Mirrors

I take a diuretic (water pill) for lymphedema in my lower extremities roughly once a week, and in doing so, for roughly a 24 hour period, I will lose a significant amount of weight, only to have some form of weight regain once the effects of the diuretic have worn off.

While this is happening, it feels great to step onto the scale and see loss, but when it is over, even though I understand how the medication will work in my system, it is heart-breaking because I know without question ...
  5. How do I lose weight prior to the surgery???

Hi everyone,

I am going through the steps towards the gastric sleeve surgery and have been told I will need to lose 15 pounds prior to scheduling my surgery. For me, that may as well have been 500lbs. If I could lose weight on my own, I would have done so. Does anyone out there have words of wisdom for me? I feel like I want to eat a whole pizza and cry.

Thanks,

Michelle