Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fast tracking the Process of getting the COVID-19 shot being a WLS candidate or Obese

It’s April 2021, and sometimes I need to remind myself that obesity is classed as comorbidity… I’m not sure if it’s denial or issues with my own mortality, but when I look in the mirror I think of myself as just being overweight. What’s the reason for the statement, you ask? With current world issues (COVID-19) I was content waiting for my for my number to be called for the shot, I completely understand the reasoning behind prioritizing frontline workers and the venerable. But upon receiving an ...
  2. shoulder surgery & weight woes

so I finally had my shoulder surgery on 4/6/21. They were able to do it arthroscopically thankfully & remove all the calcium & arthritis & repair the tears w/o any anchors. Yesterday I had my follow up & my stitches were taken out. I can begin PT next week & can slowly start to work my way out of the sling & can drive again since I'm no longer on pain meds. Still can't vacuum or lift anything over 5lbs until PT clears me. I have been getting cabin fever & eating sweets ...
  3. Needing your HELP! with accountability...

Happy New Year, Everyone! Hope everyone is keeping well with the journey during these COVID times. I need your help keeping me accountable on my journey! So I have created a youtube channel focused just on my weight loss journey, please check it out! I love and welcome any input or support my RNY family has to offer look forward to chatting with all of you soon

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Q...xqTWLNNMGZAYzw
  4. New day

Sorry every. It was a hard Thanksgiving. And I was not in a good state of mind. But after some soul searching Ive decided to buckle down and get back on task. Thanks for letting me vent.
  5. The HARDEST Thanksgiving yet.

Hello all. I know I haven't participated but I do visit often and read the posts. This past October marked 3 years since my VGS. I got down to 140 and since covid may 2020 I bounced back to 165. I stopped going to the gym because I have concerns about saftey covid precautions but I do have a personal trainer who visits 3 times a week. I noticed that outside of work, I dont socialize anymore and am developing anxiety when I do. This causes me to want to eat. Oh, and boredom causes me to want to ...