Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawnislas

1. 13 Months Today

Did not realize it but today is my 13 month anniversary of my sleeve. I still have about 21 lbs to lose but I am so happy with so many things in my life. I have really ramped up the exercise going to the YMCA at least 3 times weekly and even running! yes running on the treadmill. Now it is only .15-.20 distance @ 4 mph speed but I am doing it and not dying or worse falling down after. I can do this several times during my 45-60 minute walk. At 56 years of age I am proud of my accomplishment. ...
  2. 10 months Post-Op and loving life

I was 10 months post-op July 13 and am very pleased with myself. My husband and I took an 11 day vacation and hiked 47.7 miles (according to my Fit-bit) during those days. Not just flat trail hiking but mountain hiking. We spent our time traveling through the 5 National Parks in lower Utah starting in Arches National park and ending in Zion and hiked several trails each day. There is no way I could have done 1/3 of that this time last year. I didn't get winded from the altitude nor did my feet ...
  3. 4 months and happy life

4 months and 50 pounds gone. I weighed in at 158 this morning at my Weight Watchers meeting. This has been an exciting journey. I lost weight every week for 18 weeks until last week when I gained 1.4 pounds. I dug in counting my points and this week found me with a loss of 4.8 lbs. I have so few clothes left in my closet. I bought a size 8P at Christopher and Banks on New Years. Not sure I have ever worn that size before in my life. I am also wearing a medium in tops. The weight loss and the smaller ...
  4. 1week on solid food

I am beginning week 2 on solid food. I was surprised today that I had lost 1.6 lbs at my WW weigh in. I continue to experience good things as I have not had anything upset my tummy too much. My first day was tuna with a little mayo and pickle relish. I was able to eat the can at 3 separate sittings in one day. The second was an 1 egg omelette with cheese and some turkey sausage ( think ekrich) and it was fine too. Went out of town for a 2 day conference and brought my Jason's Deli cookie home for ...
  5. 30 Days post-op

30 days out and doing great. I am still on full liquids for another week. I am so blessed as I have done great with the protein options, getting most of my liquids in daily and having plenty of energy. I only weigh once a week at Weight Watchers and I am down 27 lbs since I started my journey. I even make it to the gym several times a week.
    Today was the first day people at work noticed my weight loss. That was different for me so I guess I need to get used to answering some questions. I ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast