Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Starting to worry

My surgery is coming up this Thursday, August 10th, and I'm suddenly getting scared and having doubts that I can do this. I've worked towards this for almost a year now, and suddenly, I'm afraid I can't do it. I don't know where these thoughts are coming from.
  2. 2 days out update

Hi friends!
    Well, I wanted to tell you all how well I am doing! I had my surgery at Lehigh Valley Hospital by Dr. Richard Borse and it couldn't have gone any better! All the nurses were so kind and understanding. They helped me relax during the pre-op phase from 5 to 7:30 am which is when I had to be there and what time the surgery was (I was first one of the day). I just kept thinking of how everyone here and the 4 people I know kept saying that it was the best thing they ever did. I trusted ...
  3. Anyone heavier post-op?

Hi all,
    My surgery on Fri August 4th went smoothly. I got home yesterday at 11 am. My question is this....pre-op I weighed 275lbs and this morning I weigh 282.2! Does gas weigh that much??? I had some Won Ton soup last night at 7 ( minus wontons , of course) maybe it was the salt in that. My family ordered take out and I got soup and didn't feel left out at all! Good thing I have always loved soup. Of course I know the scale will come down. I was just surprised at the number is all. I I ...
  4. Liquids - Week 4/5?

TGIF Sleevers!!! Hope everyone is having a great Friday? I am doing really well but have a question for the group. I am really having trouble getting my liquids in. Just wondered if anyone else had this issue and what you did to rectify the situation? I don't want to dehydrate or get kidney stones. I really try to sip, sip, sip. Life gets in the way but this is too important not to get a serious handle on it now.

Adding flavors to my water tastes funny to me, even adding ...
  5. 9 Month Anniversary-5 lbs Below Goal-Family Picture Happiness-Half Marathon

I can't believe it has already been 9 months since surgery. It has been a fantastic journey and I cannot say stress enough how this has been the best decision for me. I am sooooooo happy I did this. I am thankful for my sleeve, my wonderfully skilled surgeon, the amazing support staff at both my surgeon and PCP's office, and all of you wonderful friends on this forum. My sleeve journey has truly been like a fairytale. I am looking and feeling like a million bucks.
    So I am now 5 lbs below ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big.png 
Views:	325 
Size:	432.9 KB 
ID:	26945