Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

BlondieinTX

1. Onederland! Yippee!!!!

Today I hit onederland! I nearly fell off the scale when it said 199! I'm sure I'll bounce up and down a few pounds as I always do. But I'm still claiming it!! At age 14 when I got my sports physical for volleyball, I weighed 205. That was ninth grade, people! Squeeee!

At the same time, I realize that I have to keep up the fight! The fight will never be over for me. Either we fight to lose or fight to maintain. So no slacking or cheating now! In the past, that was my favorite trick--to ...
  2. Soooo close to onederland!

Hi, everyone!

This morning I weighed myself and I'm down to 203! This is a big deal for me for a few reasons. First, I have NEVER weighed under 240 lbs. my ENTIRE adult life. (At my highest non-pregnancy weight, I was 305). Second, the last time I saw this weight on the scale, I was a freshman in high school. Third, onederland is right around the corner! Wahoo!!! My birthday is in May and so I was aiming to be below 200 by then. I think I'm well on my way!

In the way ...
  3. Almost 4 months post-op

Hello!

It's been almost four months since my surgery and I've lost right at 49 lbs.! I am excited about how much better I feel in general and the fact that I can actually cross my legs now! Seriously! I've gone from a very tight size 20 to a size 16 pants and those are starting to get baggy now. I was so frustrated during the first 35-40 lbs. because I was still wearing the same size clothes as I did pre-surgery. But I've been losing weight evenly all over my body, so I guess ...
  4. Finally home!

What a journey! I had my surgery on October 2nd but was diagnosed the next day with diabetic ketoacidosis. I was severely dehydrated and all of my labs were awful. I spent four days in ICU fighting to stay positive and get healthy. It's probably TMI, but as an added bonus because of the stress on my body, Mother Nature paid a nasty trick on me and I started a second period during this whole ordeal despite having had one two weeks prior. It was definitely humbling to have people sponge bathing ...
  5. DKA and ICU

Hi, everyone! Sorry to keep you all in suspense! I had my surgery the morning of October 2nd. Everything from them on has been a whirlwind. After surgery my docs couldn't figure out why I looked and felt so good because my labs were terrible--very low CO2, high pulse, low phosphorus, everything was just off. I had good pain management, so maybe that's why. Because i needed hourly labs and help to go to the restroom, I was moved to ICU, where I've been for
    Four days. They finally diagnosed ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast