Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Downsized--(In a year) I hope I'm about half the woman I didn't want to be

At age 41, I decided that I could be fat no more. I'd tried every diet known to man, and I can lose weight, I just can't keep it off. After a particularly humiliating doctors appointment I finally decided I had enough. I started researching paying cash for WLS and discovered Dr Almanza. I had just done my tax return, and realized that with that amount, plus a little more, I could pay CASH for my surgery. Since we committed to not borrowing money ever again when we took the Dave Ramsey class, I knew that a loan was out of the question. I have the most supportive DH in the world and he was all for it. It was a whirwind few days where I researched, talked to family members, then committed to having a sleeve gastrectomy on June 5 in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr Mario Almanza. I am 100% confident and comfortable with my choice. Since making my decision I feel a little bit of peace that I didn't have before. I have a goal, and a plan to get there. Knowing that I won't be alone in the journey, that I'll have my family, friends, and gastricsleeve.com cohorts to help me reach the finish line that seems a little far away right now.

1. Day 6 Post-Op

by , 06-11-2012 at 01:11 PM (Downsized--(In a year) I hope I'm about half the woman I didn't want to be)
    I feel pretty good today, but my sleep schedule is WAAAAY off. Probably because I have really bad diarrhea. I mean like every 20 minutes. It really sucks and it makes sleeping not fun. I was up between like 2 and 5. Then I slept until a little after 8.
    By then, my mom should have been gone and on her way to work. Instead, she was sleeping away. For the next hour I bugged her several times to get up but she didn't. I'm pissed because I just want her to leave. She gets so irritating ...
  2. 2nd day post op--Dr Almanza

by , 06-07-2012 at 06:13 AM (Downsized--(In a year) I hope I'm about half the woman I didn't want to be)
    It is the middle of the night, but tomorrow is my 2nd day post op. I know that people are always looking for stories about Hospital Jerusalem and Dr Almanza so I want to share mine.
    We were picked up at the airport. Everyone arrived promptly. We were early, but nobody was late. There were 9 of us, 1 was just a band fill, 1 was a duodenal switch, 1 lap band, and 6 sleeves. They took our blood, then took the first patient really fast (the DS patient). They also did the band fill rather ...
  3. 2 more days/in San Diego

by , 06-04-2012 at 12:08 AM (Downsized--(In a year) I hope I'm about half the woman I didn't want to be)
    Left this morning, pretty early. Kids all woke up and said goodbye without too much fanfare. It was harder to say goodbye to DH after I had spent all those days writing him love letters. Right before my mom and I pulled away I told him I left something for him and the kids on the bed.
    We timed the airport stuff just right. Got car parked in lot, shuttle to airport, check in baggage, security, snack for mom. She had just enough time to eat when they started the boarding lineup. We had ...
  4. 4 days left

by , 06-01-2012 at 10:11 AM (Downsized--(In a year) I hope I'm about half the woman I didn't want to be)
    I have 4 days until my surgery. I am leaving in 2. I feel ready, unprepared, happy, excited, nervous, and every minute just ticks by. I still haven't packed a thing (except for what remained in my bag from last weekend's vacation).
    The one thing I'm doing, that I'm really proud of, is leaving letters for my husband and kids for each day while I am gone. I am almost finished with DH's days. I picked a song that I felt I really liked, or described our relationship, and centered the words ...
  5. Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig.....

by , 05-29-2012 at 10:42 AM (Downsized--(In a year) I hope I'm about half the woman I didn't want to be)
    Well, we made it home finally after 8:00 PM last night. DS#2's team won their 8:00 AM game, and then all Hell broke loose.
    My mom, my other 2 kids and I were going to run up to get the 2 boys (DS and DH, he is a coach) some food. We got to the end of the long driveway in the parking lot and the car was making a strangely suspicious noise that I had an awful feeling about. Smartly, I stopped the car right away and you guessed it, we had a flat tire. Now, it was about 10:15 on Memorial ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast