Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

MelKay

I'm 3 Days PreOp & I Really Want Some Pizza!!

Rate this Entry
Ahhhh! I'm just so hungry & craving pizza so bad! I would say I've done pretty well on my 2 week high protein diet..
I had my pre op visit on Friday & I lost 5lbs, deff wish it would have been more considering how good I thought I was doing!
But I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.
So here I am now, 3 days before surgery, scared out of my mind & I start my liquid diet tomorrow & I am dying for some pizza...
Will my liver blow up to a ginormous size if I have some? Will it not?! Idk..
My mom who is an RN, says I'm so crazy & over think & analyze everything, But I can't help it! I'm a worrier!!
Anywho, just wanted to know your thoughts or maybe y'all went through the same thing??

Submit "I'm 3 Days PreOp & I Really Want Some Pizza!!" to Digg Submit "I'm 3 Days PreOp & I Really Want Some Pizza!!" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm 3 Days PreOp & I Really Want Some Pizza!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm 3 Days PreOp & I Really Want Some Pizza!!" to Google

Comments

Hey girl you can do this remember you are about to make the biggest lifestyle change ever and you are lucking only having to do 3 days liquid i am on my 10th day, and it hasn't been too bad, just think of the future. Also how much easier it is for the doctors to perform the surgery without the liver being in the way, it is a much safer surgery and i promise you wont starve. I am still here. Good luck and you got this!
    You can have some pizza AFTER your sleeve (although I doubt you will want to).
    You are almost there .... Think of your long term goal versus instant gratification.
    Go for a walk, clean out your junk drawers and wardrobe ..... Good luck, you can do it
    I know the feeling - hang in there. I am 3 days before mine also and and am really tempted to eat some cakes or cookies!

We are on this diet for a reason. Its not a little operation and anything that de-risks it, we should do. I have been saying to myself that if something was to go wrong and it was because I ate a cookie - how daft would that be!

Try and stick to it and just focus on each day as it comes!

Good luck with the op!
    I have been living by a new
    Mantra as I have worked through this process. I am two days away from surgery and on day 12 of liquid diet.

"It is never too late to become the person you were meant to be"

You have come this far...do not give in to your emotions! For many of us that is what got us to the point of needing surgery in the first place....

Good luck on your journey!
    I'm on my last day of two week pre op diet. I think the 3 -4 day is usually the hardest because your head and body is going through withdrawls. I don't think your liver would blow up but what happens if you take a bite of pizza and you can't stop, etc. Not worth risking something that can derail you. Stick with Mio and Crystal light and chew gum to take the edge off. It will get better!
    No no no no pizza. You're almost there. It's the home stretch. You can do it!!!
    Ok so not only am I on my pre-surgery diet, I also have invisalign so I am currently going through a lot but I refuse to cheat for fear of something happening. So scared. Need to know how much presurgery weight I am suppose to loose??
    Pizza after sleeve is not as good and hurts!!! flat bread is ok but regular and deep dish blah and ouchie... before the surgery you don't want to risk that one slice or bite cancelling your surgery stay strong you can get past it!!!
    For some reason I'm not notified when people comment on my blogs? Thank you so much though for your feedback