Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Terps

1. Shopping - choosing too big of sizes

Hi everyone,

I started this journey wearing a tight 16 and XL or XXL. I always wore very loose and flowing clothes to hide behind.

I'm headed to chilly Minneapolis today for a few client meetings. I went shopping last night to get a cold weather dress and tights. I grabbed a large Calcin Klein knit dress (so pretty, burgundy color with a scoopy turtleneck.) it felt comfy and I thought looked good. Saleswoman remarked that it was just too big, and got me a medium. Tried ...
  2. In San Diego and just realized...

Quote Originally Posted by Terps View Post
    ...exactly 3 months ago I was here waiting for my flight to take me home after surgery. My back hurt so bad, I was taking tiny little sips of water, and still had bandages on from surgery. With time to kill, we walked the beach in Coronado and went to Old Town. I ate broth at a nice restaurant with my hubby, I was too pooped and sore to walk around much more. The whole time I was wondering how this whole sleeve-thing was going to work out and if I made the right decision.

So now
  3. 3 month check in - So happy with my sleeve!

Tomorrow marks my official 3 month sleeve-iversary. On one hand it feels like just yesterday that I had surgery, on the other, it feels like I've been living this way for a long time.

I'm down 31 pounds and I'm thrilled! I've gone from a solid size 16 to a size 10-12. I'm getting a ton of attention from colleagues at work, it feels awkward when it seems like that is all people want to talk about now. Only 2 close friends know about the surgery, so everyone else is so curious what ...
  4. Feeling Feelings

I know that the toughest part of this journey is the mental game. I also know that what led me to being overweight was turning to food to cope with emotions (and for me that was ANY emotion...positive or negative.)

It's interesting how deeply engrained those habits are. My grandfather died yesterday (he was 96, so had a long and rich life.) Nonetheless, I was sad. And this is a big week for us. We are closing on a house (that we're selling), big stuff happening at work, suppose to ...
  5. Back From Vacation

So we went to Florida for 8 glorious days...three in Ft. Lauderdale and 5 in the Keys. The Keys are my favorite place in the US and I have tons of happy memories from there.

I was nervous going, because typically food and drink are a big part of our vacations...especially in Florida. I wondered how I would eat, if I would enjoy it, if I would be sad not having what others were eating, and how would I get through without all those yummy cocktails and wine.

The good news ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach pic (640x425).jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	20438  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast