Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rach2377

Day 6 - Post Op

Rate this Entry
A better day today.
Had a tough couple of days, and was only allowed home from hospital yesterday.

I had to have an enema the other day to try to get my bowels moving as I was feeling very bloated and had a lot of pressure (like a basketball was in my tummy). I went, and although no where near normal, it was good to go. Have now had little bouts of diarrhoea, but I am sure it will all settle once I start consuming more than liquid.

Feeling hungry for real food, but still on fluids. I did have a mashed poached egg this morning and it was the best thing ever. Miss my vegetables, so may make a very runny vegetable mash and see how that goes.

I did sleep really well last night, since being at home. No 4 hourly stats being done by the nurses. Good to be in my own bed.

Been a little bit of a roller coaster emotionally. I know to expect a lot if ups and downs in this first month post op, so am not concerned that one minute I am laughing hysterically and the next tearing up. It's not bad, and to be expected. My body has been through a major trauma, and is now healing, and my mind is starting on a new journey. It's all ok.

I truly believe I have made the right choice in having this op. I know that there will continue to be tough days as I heal and get used to my new way of life, but I am so excited too. I just imagine where I'm going to be in 12 months. I am sure that I will weigh less than I did when I was 15. Incredible. It's like starting my life over again. I'll be doing things, feeling things and seeing things for the first time in my life. Have decided that I won't be having a 38th Birthday next year, I'll be having an 18th. I can't wait.

Submit "Day 6 - Post Op" to Digg Submit "Day 6 - Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 6 - Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 6 - Post Op" to Google

Comments

Sorry you were off to a rough start there, hope the coming days and weeks will be problem free. Wishing you the best.