Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dawzow

10 days post op!

Rate this Entry
Well, 10 days post op. I'm doing well, feeling well. My Incisions are looking perfect and I don't seem to be having any complications. I feel fine and we took a 2 day trip to San Antonio where we waked and walked and walked... And I did great. I'm still having some tummy Cramping /spasms I guess... It's a whole new learning experience figuring out your new stomach.

Can't eat much... Sometimes I try to eat thinking "well, this is so much less than I would normally eat" because it really is, but I still can't finish... It helps to remind myself my new stomach can only handle 2-3 Oz at a time.

It's been difficult to get in my protein and my fluids... And sometimes I feel like I'm mourning the loss of food... I know I'll be able to eat again but sometimes I'm sad I can't, but then I find myself feeling guilty for thinking that way too... Because duh, why else did I have the surgery... Double edged sword.

It'll get easier.

Submit "10 days post op!" to Digg Submit "10 days post op!" to del.icio.us Submit "10 days post op!" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 days post op!" to Google

Comments

i have the same thoughts lol.... it gets easier everyday... hang in there
    Feeling about same as you.. struggling to get liquids in. Protein I'm adding to everything. Trying to stay focused on the prize. Knowing in a few short weeks we'll be on to real food and never look at broth again. Lol.
    Wounds are healing great.. too bad it took more than a week to figure out I'm sensitive to latex.. my latex water proof bandages left me hived up and sore around the incisions Grr. Healing from that now too.
    Glad you're doing well.. I'm looking forward to an accurate weight at doc on Tuesday before posting loss as the 2 scales at home conflict by 5-10 lbs...
    Karen
    It gets easier. The mental challenges are the hardest part of this journey. Good luck in identifying your triggers and figuring out how to get beyond them.