Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

want2bmindblowing

Day 1 of my Pre Op Diet.

Rate this Entry
So... I got my skim milk nice and cold, put it in my magic bullet with my protein powder and blended for a few seconds (the kids were still sleeping). It smelled delicious! I took one drink and I felt like I swallowed the whole thing. It was so "heavy" in my stomach. I forced the rest of it down. Now I feel so full, too full. It just keeps "repeating", I am so afraid I am going to throw it up. I am not sure how I am going to do these 4 times a day? My sister told me to try it with water, instead of skim milk, so that's my plan for after work. (I am horrified at the thought of getting sick at work)

Anyone else have this issue?

Submit "Day 1 of my Pre Op Diet." to Digg Submit "Day 1 of my Pre Op Diet." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 1 of my Pre Op Diet." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 1 of my Pre Op Diet." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was never able to drink the shakes made with milk, pre or post op. The milk made the shakes way to thick for me. I always made my shakes with water or for a morning shake, I used part of a cup of coffee with vanilla protein powder and blended it with ice. Hope this helps. You can do it!
    For what it is worth I was told to drink my pre op shakes like I will have to post op. Very slowly 3 oz down to 1oz helped me. I drank a 17oz shake in a 30 min period and felt horrible. Now not a problem, still dont like the taste but love the results. 48 hrs from surgery and as of this morning down 20lbs in 12 days.
    How long are you taking to drink your shakes? Ice cold may be too much for your stomach.
    What I did pre op was mix vanilla powder with 8 oz warm water then add 8 oz hot coffee. I usually added some splenda. Now I use skim milk because I only drink 1 shake and the I need the protein and post surgery I don't add any splenda and like things less sweet. In the afternoon I used to mix a low carb sugar free hot chocolate with a scoop of chocolate powder and 16 oz warm water. It may take longer to drink but for me 16 oz of fluid with 1 scoop of powder is a more drinkable consistency. I still prefer warm to cold.
    Thank you all for the advice. My Dr sent me over some recipes to see if they can me more tolerable. I am definitely going to try the water instead of milk. I NEVER thought to make it like Hot Chocolate! That's a great idea I wish I liked coffee because those options sound great. Has anyone added any powder to Crystal light flavored water? I am just wondering how it dissolves?
    I know exactly what you are going through. I am day 2 into my pre-op diet and I tried it first with skim milk and it was way too thick. The water is much better & its easier to mix too I think. You can do it! I'm right there with you! Good luck!
    I like to make my shakes with unsweetened almond milk. It doesn't sit as heavy for me as milk does.
    Yea- def. don't use the milk, Try the water or almond milk. I also put 1-2Tbsp of the PB2 into my shakes which I loved! After several days of hating shakes in general I decided to turn them into "puddings". I just use 2-3oz of water and mix. I made a few at a time and kept int he fridge. I dound the puddings more tolerable so maybe give that a shot yourself? Good luck!
    Pudding was one of the recipes that my Dr gave me to try, so I am definitely going to try that. I have never had almond milk, but I keep hearing about it, so I will have to grab some of that too. Luckily I am not feeling all that hungry, which helps. Hopefully that continues after I get home.
    Finished my Protein Bar about 2.5 hours ago, just now starting to get some hunger pangs... I am going to fold off until I get home from work to try another shake, think I may actually make up some "pudding" and let it set in the freezer while I have a packet of Chicken Soup Protein Mix. I am keep hearing how the first 3 days are the worst, so I am looking forward to the weekend for more than one reason!