Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Week 8 Update

Yesterday (11/19/2017) marked my eight week post-op anniversary, and as I look back over the course of the past two months, I have come to embrace the many successes and failures I have encountered.

To say it has been trying is an understatement. Having undergone VSG surgery six weeks after my wife had her VSG found me in the mindset that I can consume whatever I so choose within the parameters of the VSG diet. I couldn't have been more wrong. I found myself getting physically ill, ...
  2. Small victories

I weighed myself today and I am no longer in the “Obese” BMI category. I am officially just “overweight”!!! I am weighing 168 pounds and dropping!!!

I tell you, I have never felt better!! I am jogging every other night which is something I haven’t done since high school, I am actually getting restful sleep each night which makes my days go much better, and I am getting tons of compliments on how great and how much healthier I look. 😁

My mom and sister have ...
  3. Day 13 and I'm back at Uni!

Hallo!
    So day 13 and I'm back at Uni for summer school. I actually feel just about back to normal now. I think 2 weeks off work or school is reasonable as I was pretty tired first of all. I am now feeling a million dollars, well today anyway. I am here till 8 pm so it's a bit of a long day and I might be whinging come 8pm LOL.
    I went out for the first time last night, to an awards ceremony which was heaps of fun. It wasn't a problem at all not eating or drinking alcohol. I'm a big ...
  4. And So It Begins...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saving my life.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	370.3 KB 
ID:	27207

I'm really going to do this...I have thought about if for so long, then deluded myself into thinking I can do it myself, lost 30, gained 40...about four times...and I'm currently one big binge away from 300 lbs. I just turned 59, and the weight is really starting to affect my quality of life. I hurt. M knees, ankles, feet, back...I just hurt all over. My blood pressure is horrible. My cholesterol is high and triglycerides are high. I've got metabolic ...
  5. 10 days pre op

Gosh! I love it on here. So much to read and take in. I've got so many helpful hints from all. Thank you.
    10 days! It'll soon be single figures, then I hope it goes quickly, I'm hungry with the pre op diet. I hate diets!!!
    Argh! I'll go clean up the house to get my mind off hunger.
    Whinging a bit today, bear with me.