Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Still a work in progress

Update: I feel surprised by the fact that i still have good days and bad days. Most of the time i feel FABULOUS i love my new body and confidence, energy, I Love when i am in public it is common for a complete stranger to tell me they think i am beautiful! It has been over 2 years since my surgery and a year that i have been getting used to the new thin me. After 20 years of trying so hard to get here, only to hit a wall every time, Sometimes i have to pinch myself to wake up from this dream come ...
  2. My experience w/Almanza

Keep in mind that MX is a few decades behind the US when it comes to luxury. If you think about American hospitals during the 70s or 80s, you will have a better idea of the facilities in MX. Almanza's location is in a strip-mall but don't let that scare you. Once you walk in the doors, you totally forget that.

The first thing you do is put on booties. Then, you have blood drawn. The nurse has been the best person EVER to take blood. I didn't even feel a prick. Next, all patients walk
  3. Recommendations for Almanza's (and maybe other MX surgeons') patients

My recommendations for items to pack are:

• if you are hypoglycemic, take a few mints to suck on prior to surgery. (it was okay'd by them for me to keep my sugar levels up until surgery.)
    • Lip balm/chapstick (Nivea Kiss of Smoothness is my fav b/c it’s not waxy or greasy.)
    • GasX Strips- NOT the pills
    • A big safety pin- to attach your drain to your pants or gown
    • A heating pad (I actually attached my safety pin to my heating pad for easy access.) Pack your heating pad
  4. My Meltdown

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words! I now realize that part of my meltdown has to do with the feeling i had for so many years that if i could just loose the weight that i could handle ANYTHING in my life! It always felt like my weight problem was the "source" of most of my problems and unhappiness. I had an unrealistic view of how much easier my life would be and how much happier i would be. I knew there would still be hard times and life wouldn't be perfect, but being thin ...
  5. I just want to thank you for the Love!

Many of you fellow sleeves have thanked me for my advice and encouragement, but I need to make something clear. You all have helped me so much this last year, more then you even know! That first painful year after my sleeve i felt so alone. When i finally found this Web forum i was so happy to find other people like me! So i really enjoy helping the Newbies... i really know how much better i would have felt if i could have asked the same questions to someone who had been through it. Instead i had ...
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast